• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Umbrella ...Anchor Shade II by Taylor made

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Gotta have one of those! Hold up to a stiff breeze, windy day?

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I can't tell from the pictures, but is it not a little inconvenient with the pole right in the middle as you try to step to and from the swimdeck?

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I bought a second one last night from Overton...shade fore and aft.

Picked up new "D" rings at Lowes
Do u mind posting pics of how you changed out D rings? Would like to see how you did it when you get around to it. Thanks again and so glad I saw this thread

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do u mind posting pics of how you changed out D rings? Would like to see how you did it when you get around to it. Thanks again and so glad I saw this thread
When I arrived at Lowes and started looking around i found a different "light weight" solution. I picked up your typical key ring metal circle (split) to use in place of the plastic D rings. For the straps i replaced the plastic clips with lightweight carabineer clips.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awww Maaaannnn..... I thought I was gonna squeak through one year without buying something for the boat.... Guess not. (Gosh darn golly gee.)

Man, I might need two of these - one for each end. We usually sit and float at anchor for 6 - 8 hours at a time. This would be perfect.

Right now we do the beach-umbrella-in-the-table leg thing on the swim platform. That's all well and good but isn't as large as I'd like and w/o straps you will one day be swimming along and see something large go soaring over your head. Then you'll see your umbrella half in / half out of the water moving rapidly away like some sort of space probe on a mission to Saturn (the pool noodle in the table leg keeping the leg floating so it's in the perfect "sail" position of course.) The next thing you know the whole crew is scrambling aboard the boat trying to get things half-way stowed so that we can catch the cheap umbrella with the expensive table leg attached and not have our stuff go flying out of the boat.

The funniest part was that when it happened, my wife was bent over with her head down in the ski locker getting something. She came back up to see all 5 of us scrambling out of the water and rapidly hauling up the anchor. I think we were halfway to the umbrella before she realized why we had taken off in such a hurry.

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can't tell from the pictures, but is it not a little inconvenient with the pole right in the middle as you try to step to and from the swimdeck?
No issues transitioning from swim deck to interior. My concern will be when someone grabs on to the pole for balance. That's not going to work well for the person or the pole. The poles are light weight PVC.

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awww Maaaannnn..... I thought I was gonna squeak through one year without buying something for the boat.... Guess not. (Gosh darn golly gee.)

Man, I might need two of these - one for each end. We usually sit and float at anchor for 6 - 8 hours at a time. This would be perfect.

Right now we do the beach-umbrella-in-the-table leg thing on the swim platform. That's all well and good but isn't as large as I'd like and w/o straps you will one day be swimming along and see something large go soaring over your head. Then you'll see your umbrella half in / half out of the water moving rapidly away like some sort of space probe on a mission to Saturn (the pool noodle in the table leg keeping the leg floating so it's in the perfect "sail" position of course.) The next thing you know the whole crew is scrambling aboard the boat trying to get things half-way stowed so that we can catch the cheap umbrella with the expensive table leg attached and not have our stuff go flying out of the boat.

The funniest part was that when it happened, my wife was bent over with her head down in the ski locker getting something. She came back up to see all 5 of us scrambling out of the water and rapidly hauling up the anchor. I think we were halfway to the umbrella before she realized why we had taken off in such a hurry.

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We had several boats pull up asking about the umbrella. I suspect we'll see more umbrellas at our frequently used lake this summer because it gets to be like demon heat here.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just ordered a second one

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still haven't used the one I purchased in December last year, it's sitting in my ski locker. But now thanks to this thread, I'm adding split rings and clips like USN SCPO RET shared above. I may go one step further and remove/snip off the plastic pieces once the metal ones are in place.

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0880.JPG We'll see how this one holds. Simple, somewhat small...it was only about $30 on Amazon.

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Need to get one of these....

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could be a good find! Ordered one, will test it as soon as I can.