• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Under Seat Organization

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking for ideas or any examples of organization of ropes and fenders etc. Has anybody secured a hook or bar under either of the rear seats?
I like to keep my lines and fenders, etc under the rear starboard seat. And currently I have the ropes and everything just laying on the floor. I really want to install some sort of large coat hook or something that I can roll up the lines and hang them under the seat. Wondering if anybody as any ideas or pictures of any organization type of things they've installed under seats or anywhere else?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats a tough one for our boats. I too have my fenders and ropes laying behind my driver seat in the rear storage. Its not the best solution, but i havent figured out anything better. @ArmyChief installed a second hatch door under his helm cabinet affording him some extra space. This seems like it would be an excellent place to put a bar and just loop some ropes around it. Its also easy to open and grab things from if you're underway alone and want to keep a hand on the wheel + no need to unseat a passenger who might be ontop of the rear storage seat.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No hook for my lines/fenders. I have all of them rolled up, with velcro straps and in the second hatch I installed inside the helm cabinet.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No hook for my lines/fenders. I have all of them rolled up, with velcro straps and in the second hatch I installed inside the helm cabinet.
Hey @ArmyChief , glad to see you're back up and running on here. Hope all is well!

Back to the post: Wasn't someone working on seat hinges/storage? I just searched for thread but can't seem to find it.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks...all good. Started back to work this week. I see no use for hinges on the current AR192 series vessel.

Alex Smith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I cut a over the door shoe compartment holder into strips and put it on the inside front wall under each seat. We don't use it for that but I guess you could stuff some dock lines into a pocket. As for fenders no help there.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r keeps everything in well organized plastic tubs.

I simply let @Rana pack everything away so she will know where it is as I lose things as soon as I set them down.

DAMATS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm trying to organize stuff too. Thinking plastic tubs, especially for towels and such. Anyone know the dimensions of space under port bench for AR 190?? I'm in a store now to buy some. lol..

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks...all good. Started back to work this week. I see no use for hinges on the current AR192 series vessel.
Hey, got time to snap a couple photos and give some details? I hare having to constantly ask people to stand up every time I need a fender or dock line.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey, got time to snap a couple photos and give some details? I hare having to constantly ask people to stand up every time I need a fender or dock line.
Here's his thread on it https://jetboaters.net/threads/ar-192-starboard-addition-of-access-hatch.6154/.

I see you're in Hoover. I'm just below you and pick up my new 192 next week if all goes well! Do you usually boat on Lay or Mitchell? I plan on taking my boat down to Mitchell this Friday For my maiden voyage and roam around my old stomping grounds at Ware Island.

sx998

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I keep all my bumpers and dock lines under the center bow cushion. That way I can easily grab them. I don't roll them up, just shove them under it. Works for me.
Also I have two 5 gallon buckets under the starboard rear seat. One has fishing stuff, the other has kids toys.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Here's his thread on it https://jetboaters.net/threads/ar-192-starboard-addition-of-access-hatch.6154/.

I see you're in Hoover. I'm just below you and pick up my new 192 next week if all goes well! Do you usually boat on Lay or Mitchell? I plan on taking my boat down to Mitchell this Friday For my maiden voyage and roam around my old stomping grounds at Ware Island.
I usually go to Mitchell. If you are below us and just want to get you maiden voyage out of the way you might want to hit Lake Tuscaloosa. Not very busy and even closer than Mitchell. Unfortunately I won't be around or I'd try to be on the lake while you shake her down.