• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Underwater LEDs.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone have underwater LEDs on the transom? If so what brand / size / color did you go with? I had the dealer install SeaBlaze and wonder if any of you have any experience with them. Thanks for any info.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OceanLED A-3 (X2). To help reduce the angle of the transom I used Starboard (marine plywood) to mount the light too. Just shaped with an electric sander.

6839353433_577db84c29_b.jpg
6839353107_7b80ed95c9_b.jpg

The pic below is an ABYSS Tech S1515B (Blue) I don't see this light on there website anymore but a google search shows many - it sure is an awesome light! Got it through Earmark a few years back, along with MEL and few others. It was a deal I couldn't refuse :winkingthumbsup"

The night pic below only begins to show how these look. We do a lot of night cruising/anchoring and this setup has truly payed off!

6839353829_c13a94c372_o.jpg
5991921665_62763829f4_o.jpg

I had to wait a Christmas and my Birthday for the OceanLED's ;)

Hope this helped!

(edited for content)

Last edited:

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's another look.

5689219936_1cf633a486_b.jpg

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that "blue flame" effect looks pretty awesome ... especially on a jet boat :winkingthumbsup"

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another look - underway.

5872128657_bc276a3ed1_o.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Even a single Abyss S1515 will put out 36W of light and light up the wake!DSCN1685 (Large).JPG
Even in a lake with only 10' visibility, it does illuminate pretty well, but won't give what a guy in saltwater will get by any means.DSCN1760.JPG
Apparently, they don't offer the 36W lights now??? I see 16W, 18W, and 50W on their website...but I do see them still listed as available at Earmark Marine, Ebay, and several other places. The S1560 was the same light, but with RGB chips instead of a single color. Be advised that when you buy an RGB chip rated at the same wattage as a single color, when you select either red, green, or blue, you get 1/3 the illumination of a single color chip. This is because an RGB chip rated at 1W contains 3 separate LED's in the single chip, and the total will be 1W and each individual color chip will emit 1/3 of the total. Only the bright white color in an RGB chip will approximate the total wattage of the chip.

Last edited:

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bet those look cool at night!

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What kinds of Lumens are these lights producing? I see a lot of different varieties out there from 100 to 800 lumens, so I am not sure how watts convert to lumens.....

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Abyss S1515 Underwater LED
Available in Blue and Green
Application: Underwater LED light
Available colors: Brilliant white, deep blue, emerald green
Casing depth: 11/16" (18 mm)
Casing diameter: 5 3/4" (146 mm)
Casing: Marine grade bronze
Coverage: Illuminates up to 100 feet from the transom area
Current draw: 3.0 amps
Input voltage: 12.5 volts
LED's: 15 light emitting diodes
Light color: 8400 kelvin
Light output: 1610 lumens
Other: An external power regulator is included with every order at no additional cost (12V/24V DC input)
Pattern: Wide angle flood light (90 degrees)
Power consumption: 36 watts

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Anytime!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just be careful can compare watts/amps/lumens/penetration distance/and beam angle. They are not regulated to a standard and can misrepresent reality.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just be careful can compare watts/amps/lumens/penetration distance/and beam angle. They are not regulated to a standard and can misrepresent reality.
Thats exactly why I have not bought any yet! With the crystal clear desert water we have here, I think these lights would be awesome to have for night swimming/fishing etc.... And you are right, there seems to be no standard to judge by, such as watts for incandescent bulbs......

Not a high priority mod, but sure would be cool! :cool:

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If there is anything you need to know about Abyss lights the owner is my neighbor. I told him to join the site. I will push him to do it. If there is enough interest I'm sure I could get him to do a group buy.

__ScottyDont

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If there is anything you need to know about Abyss lights the owner is my neighbor. I told him to join the site. I will push him to do it. If there is enough interest I'm sure I could get him to do a group buy.
I'd definitely be in for that!

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Remember when HIDs were a grand back in the 2000 time frame? I can't wait for these kits to be $100 too some day...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Remember when HIDs were a grand back in the 2000 time frame? I can't wait for these kits to be $100 too some day...
Don't hold your breath. These quality lights will never be $100. But you can find led lights for less. They just won't be the power and the quality that abyss, ocean, or a few others are. Be careful @Tranio , what will happen is abyss will offer, and the local distributor will take exception to being undercut in his own backyard.

Last edited: