• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Underwater LEDs

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gotcha! Ok last questions and I'll leave you alone, ha!

Did you get the blue/white or just blue light? Wondering I would ever use the white setting?

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is the blue and white combo. I wasn't sure the blue would be bright enough to use fishing. Plus I think the white would be better for that. But I liked the idea of the blue for the look. And I must say the blue looks real cool while moving with the jet wash bathed in blue!

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are just wanting the blue I would call seaplane and see but I think if you get the blue only it will be a brighter blue than it would be if you get the combo. I think with the combo they divide the lights between the two so neither are as bright as one color only. But I could be wrong. I dint ask when. I spoke to them. They were very helpful with me about any questions I had. I also liked the idea with the seaplane you could run them out of the water if need be. Some other brands you could not.

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One other thing... I was also thinking about the plug lights. They have great appeal. Until you think about catching said plug on something unseen under water and ripping it off!

RegezM3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello @Mark . Did you buy the kingstarboard pieces already cut and shaped or did you have to do them yourself? I have a 2015 AR240 and I'm looking for some advice as I'm ready to purchase the Dagon 5150 series lights.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am about to write a post about my LED setup soon. I've just been really busy and getting other mods done too. But below is pic of mine underwater lights. They are RGB. This company is great and very reasonable pricing. I have them on my headlights, fogs lights and grilles on my truck and all I can say is amazing. I will post pics of the truck when I do my write up. I just haven't powered these on yet and have to tie in other lighting too. I have these in the back storage swim deck also.I don't want to reveal the company or any more details until I confirm personally that they are legit. But I'm anticipating good results.

More pics to come soon!

Attachments

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sneak peak of the truck below. These were taken in the day time. Will be in talks with this company to try to get a group buy for this forum if everything goes good with the setup. I've been dealing with them for about 3 years now. My next project after the boat with Leds is to put them on my wheel wells and have trailer runway.

Attachments

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The grille!

Attachments

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RegezM3 the kings starboard comes in sheets. You have to form it yourself. Sorry. But get ready for some sanding. To shape it. Get sandpaper with sticky on one side and stick it to the transom. Then sand the starboard to the shape. Make sure to sand the same way so the shape will stay consistent. Not real hard just takes a while. I used two grits. One real aggressive to get the shape and one fibers to smooth it out. If you have access to a milling machine use it to help cut the majority of the material off then use the sandpaper to finish.

RegezM3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some great input @Mark ! Thank you! Would you say the 8000 Lumen Dagons are the best and brightest for my AR240? I'm thinking three is the way to go just like you have. Have you compared yours to the dagons ? (didn't know if perhaps someone at your marina has them). Any other tips for drilling the holes as that's what I'm most nervous about. I thank you in advance! =)

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RegezM3 I have not compared them to the lights you mentioned. I looked them up on Amazon and found one review. The review suggests that they are not truly putting out the amount of light that they say they are according to the power draw. So take that for what it it worth. I have personally dealt with lumitec about other things and they have been a top notch company. I can't recommend them enough. And yes three of them put out quit a bit of light. I am very happy with them! As for the holes I know what you mean by nervous. It took me a couple months to build up the courage to drill the first hole. Just make sure that you have them where you want them before you drill. Kinda like the old saying measure twice cut once! Just be careful and you will do fine! And I used 3m 4200 in black to match the hull. And the kings starboard was black also.

Last edited:

RegezM3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you so much I really appreciate all of the help. I'll post up some pictures once I grow some balls to drill the holes LOL

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I look forward to your decision and the final results! All I can say is YOU CAN DO IT!:):thumbsup::winkingthumbsup"

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just so everyone reading this and my previous posts I just noticed my phone kept changing seablaze to seaplane. I don't know why. So the brand I have been dealing with is Seablaze! Great company.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think if you get the blue only it will be a brighter blue than it would be if you get the combo. I think with the combo they divide the lights between the two so neither are as bright as one color only.
I have the blue/white combo SeaBlaze-X and am very happy with it. You are correct about the way they divide the individual leds. There are 12 leds on all the X models. If you get single color blue or single color white, all 12 leds are that one color. In the combo model, half the leds are blue and half are white. So......with the combo model, if you switch it to just blue or just white then you are only getting 6 leds lit rather than all 12 in the single color model. However, the combo model does allow you to select just blue, just white, or both and when both is select then all 12 leds are lit. And of course, only the combo model offers the cool cross-fade mode where it fades back and forth between blue and white which it the mode I like the best :cool: