• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Universal GoPro Wakeboard Rope Mou

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got to try it out for a few minutes yesterday. The back story being that I dropped one of the three tube valves into the tube as I was going to inflate the tube a little more before riding it so we deflated the backrest balloon and took it for a spin with only two of the three air bladders filled with air.

The general assessment is that the mount worked but needs to be refined a little. First I will add some pool noodle foam between the rope and the mount to reduce the rotation. Second, I need to move the mount up the rope (towards the boat) another five feet or so. Third and finally, I need to put a bigger stop/tie a double knot in front of the mount to keep it from sliding toward the tube.

Here is a short from yesterday's trip to Lake Berryessa. Mount testing starts at about the one minute mark.

leatherneck33

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg image.jpg I have had the same issue with the rocking motion. Here is my attempt this weekend, I put a gopro mount on the plastic cup once we got out to the boat. I was able to get some good pictures.