• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Unknown Catastrophic Failure

S6T6

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We should get an update today from the service center. Will let you all know the verdict when we hear back.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm very curious too. There's only a couple possibilities I could think of and everyone has named them.

S6T6

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well good news. It was the oil cooler and its covered under the warranty...dodged a big bullet there. Parts been ordered and should be fixed by next week. Thanks for all the words of encouragement & informative posts.

I've never been much of an engine repairman or electrical wiring guy so I've got some reading to do on preventative maintenance & identifying issues.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well good news. It was the oil cooler and its covered under the warranty...dodged a big bullet there. Parts been ordered and should be fixed by next week. Thanks for all the words of encouragement & informative posts.

I've never been much of an engine repairman or electrical wiring guy so I've got some reading to do on preventative maintenance & identifying issues.
That's great to hear.

Georg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
...... Parts been ordered and should be fixed by next week.....
Good news. But maybe it's time to change your serviceman. I'v at home two or three oil filters in my cabinet so I don't need wait many days for delivery so one important spare part.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good news. But maybe it's time to change your serviceman. I'v at home two or three oil filters in my cabinet so I don't need wait many days for delivery so one important spare part.
The problem is not the oil filter, it is the oil cooler which I doubt many dealers stock as it is rare to replace one.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@S6T6 please ask them exactly what the problem with the oil cooler was, earlier boats in 2010 had a lot of issues with a bolt breaking off the cooler and leaking,

S6T6

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@S6T6 please ask them exactly what the problem with the oil cooler was, earlier boats in 2010 had a lot of issues with a bolt breaking off the cooler and leaking,
We are going to the lake this weekend so hopefully the repairs will be completed. I'll get a better idea what happened and let you all know.

S6T6

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So they told us the seals failed/corroded on the oil cooler lines. Seems a bit odd that rubber seals would go bad so quickly. The boat is only 18 months old with less than 60 hrs and never seen salt water. Oh well, it ran fine and the wife's happy. And we all know the age old saying ;)...but now she wants a 240 series o_O

Thanks for all the help and support everyone.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad to hear it. BTW, if that worked to make her want a 240, my boat needs to drink some of your "oil line seal deteriorating Kool-aid"! Do you have any potions to make a garage bigger?

S6T6

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ha tell me about it. My garage fits the 190 perfectly. Not sure, but might have to live in the 240 just so I can park in the neighborhood.

But it won't be until the 19's are coming out at the earliest. Maybe hit a boat show and try to snag an '18 at the end of next year.

Although looking into it Yamaha's new financing incentives suck. I mean 4.99% for first 5 yrs of term only is not an incentive. We currently have 2.9% for entire life of loan plus 5 yr warranty and 5 yr trade loss guarantee. Makes moving up to the 240's harder to stomach with needing the new garage and all o_O

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How cool would a local Yamaha garage condo complex be? We could have like four of them in a 30x60 unit with 10'+ doors. We could plug the boats in to crank sound systems in all four boats, have a dedicated beer fridge (a big one) in the corner, a 70" tv (in case a game is on) and display a shared inventory of wake boards, surfs, skis, tubes and knee boards on a huge wall rack (like we bought the whole store). On a side note, we might need a few cots as the wives may nickname it "The Doghouse" or "The Mistress" (a good boat name by the way). Think of the winter mods a group like that could pull off! A keeping up with the Jones' perfect storm!