• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Updated FSH Sport E windshield

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok…so decided to make a new windshield for the hot months here in Texas and help get some airflow to the captain(me).
Some 3/8” plexiglass and some cuts and I’m rolling around with version 1.
IMG_5572.jpeg
IMG_5571.jpeg
Now this is 9” tall and provides about 6.5” of wind blockage for the helm dash. Keeps the cans from shaking from the wind and he real items just blowing around. I have a 5.5” piece I’m going to try for version 1.5 but I’m waiting on some clear vinyl strip for between window and frame. I’m not crazy about the black. I also have another 9” piece I’m going to cut and sand and ad some clear vinyl to instead of the black vinyl.

This uses the factory 1/4-20 threaded knobs and it holds pretty solid but haven’t had a chance to get it on the water yet. Mainly hoping there isn’t any vibrations from it.
And in the colder temps the factory windshield is very easy to put on so should make for a good option.

Any thoughts or things your would change or add?

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very cool. We were just working on something similar for an FSH and are going to add hinges and on the far right and left. Make it a trifold panel and use rubber latches and rubber grommets. That way it can work as a full down to a third. Waiting on some glass SS hinges to come in. Similar to these, he has on order.

1693785352141.png

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Very cool. We were just working on something similar for an FSH and are going to add hinges and on the far right and left. Make it a trifold panel and use rubber latches and rubber grommets. That way it can work as a full down to a third. Waiting on some glass SS hinges to come in. Similar to these, he has on order.

View attachment 207816
Yeah yours is definitely a little fancier than mine! Lol. If you’re using those hinges, for a shower door, they are pretty heavy duty and have a slight spring close. Just a heads up but that’s mainly cause I used to install showers with those. Lol.
I like the idea of an all in one setup.

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

View attachment 207816
What about a smaller hinge like this…

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about a smaller hinge like this…
They may be. It isn't my boat, but a someone I know with an FSH who wanted my help fabricating. Once the hinges come in and I get over the to help him with it I will get the exact ones.

Mid life crisis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They may be. It isn't my boat, but a someone I know with an FSH who wanted my help fabricating. Once the hinges come in and I get over the to help him with it I will get the exact ones.
Definitely interested in seeing what you come up with.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely interested in seeing what you come up with.
As an aside, we are also sketching out side 5' plexiglass panels that could swing out and be locked to the port and starboard sides from the center console to stop the wind from rushing back on the sides. There are some you can purchase but they are spendy.

Additionally, my underlying goal is if it does work out then I may have enough of a case to convince the Admiral on a 25' FSH. The only hang up she has is the wind. She has difficulty with it blowing hard in her face, but doesn't want to sit on the pedestal.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As an aside, we are also sketching out side 5' plexiglass panels that could swing out and be locked to the port and starboard sides from the center console to stop the wind from rushing back on the sides. There are some you can purchase but they are spendy.

Additionally, my underlying goal is if it does work out then I may have enough of a case to convince the Admiral on a 25' FSH. The only hang up she has is the wind. She has difficulty with it blowing hard in her face, but doesn't want to sit on the pedestal.
Cool beans! Like these?

I thought about putting "Spray Curtains" or "Wings" on my 255 FSH for winter fishing in the Gulf, because 40°F at 6 am feels more like 30° once we're on plane — even behind the glass.

Looking forward to seeing what you fabricate.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool beans! Like these?

I thought about putting "Spray Curtains" or "Wings" on my 255 FSH for winter fishing in the Gulf, because 40°F at 6 am feels more like 30° once we're on plane — even behind the glass.

Looking forward to seeing what you fabricate.
Yes that is very similiar