• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

updating navionics maps 2021

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
do any of you know if there is an sd card in the new 12.3" displays? i have seen other threads where it looks like a rubber cap on the back of the display that you can remove and the sd card is in there. i have my display mounted in that floating pod. i took the 4 machine screws out of the back to get access to the display and i didnt really see anything there. i could still dig into it more since there was some mounting brackets on there that i can remove but only thing i saw was a small screw in cap that you need a tiny bi-pin spanner wrench to unscrew but even that looks too small to fit a micro sd card. the head was smaller than a dime. its possible its under that but looks too small to me. any of you guys with a newer boat tried this?

Did you see this back there, that is where the SD card is. There is no base unit in the helm cabinet?

7bbd52eb-870c-42d5-970f-57713400d18e-jpeg.111469

oh yeah the back of my screen looks nothing like that. you have none of that stuff on the back. its perfectly smooth on the back with 2 big multi pin plugs, one small set of 4 wires going in then just this tiny little flush bi-pin cap. it could be that there is a base unit somewhere. i have not discounted that. just havent started digging yet.

I'm going to update mine as well, once I get it, which will also have the hovering dash, so I hope you find it and let us know! I was thinking of installing a 5/7" simrad or garmin where the cell phone holder is anyway since the dash unit does not display depths.

i will probably be talking to the dealer in the next day or two and i am going to ask him where the card location is. if he doesnt know then ill dig into it some more when i have time. i was going to do the same as you and buy a dedicated unit but i have found that the built in plotter to be perfectly good. it doesnt display depths in #'s but the shading shows you the depths and where you need to be and stay away from. i did prob a 100 mile trip the other day and i kept the built in unit zoomed in to get all the details around me then i kept navionics open on my phone beside it in the holder zoomed out to show most of my overall trip route. this was a great combo

I havent had a chance to even get on the boat to dig further. Maybe within the next few days

ok i did look into this some more yesterday. i took the pod apart that houses the connext and unscrewed the bracket on the back of the screen. there is no sd card on this connext screen. i even took the tiny cap off with the 2 pin spanner. there was nothing under the cap. i believe that was just a moisture sensor. the back side of the screen they use in this pod is quite different than the other pictures i have seen of the connext screens and like above. its completely smooth. this screen is more like a 1/2" thick ipad. just a small 3 or 4 pin port, 2 big plugs and a set of 3-4 wires. thats it. i looked under the helm. there are 2 remote computer units there but those are all totally sealed much like an ecu on a car. no sd card port on those either. im not really sure how you could update the maps in this unit. i will need to talk to the dealer and have him find out from yamaha. this should be the same system that is in the 255xd and sd as well. i have an email to my dealer. i doubt he knows off hand so he will have to get an answer from yamaha. maybe i will have something by the end of next week. once i find out, i will post it up.

Last edited:
Thanks for digging around. That’s really disappointing that you did all that and still unable to find it. Considering all navitronics are distributed and read off a memory card, it’s got to be somewhere... I hope.

There must be a microSD card or USB port for communications - the Actia units are designed to be updated and modified for and by the manufacturer.

One of the wires coming off the back goes down under the helm and is a female usb. Do you think there is no sd card and its built in memory that you can update via that port? Any experience with that?

posted this in another thread as well but wanted to conclude this one as well.....

i just heard back from yamaha. the 275 screen and i suspect all the smaller boats as well that have the screen up in the floating pod is made by ennovation. there is no sd card. there is a usb wire coming from the back of the screen. you will see this wire under the helm. there is a female usb port on the end of the wire. from how i understand it, you will go online and update like you would via the sd card but instead you will write the navionics maps to a flash drive. you plug it into the usb cable then power cycle the screen. at that point the screen should pull the maps into memory. i have not tried it yet. wont be until spring at this point.

Sorry I missed your question on the 2nd...ah so they changed suppliers for their MFDs, that explains why no SD card slot could be found. Interesting...

yes, the guys in the other thread were trying to do this update and it wasnt going so well. not being able to write to a flash drive for one and no update avail for ennovation. we will see how this evolves. i have a feeling a call to ennovation support might be in order because yamaha clearly has never done it or has never been asked this question.

has anyone managed to update their GPS?

I havent yet. I keep saying i am going to call ennovation but i have yet to do ot

just got off the phone with yamaha support. now the guy i talked to put me on hold for a min while he contacted someone to get me an answer on how to update. he came back and said thats its not user updatable. the dealer has to do any update to the system and since the boat is a 21, i have the most current software version. once it gets maybe a year old they will have updates for the system that the dealer can install.

it sounds to me that the maps arent separate from the connext software. its basically a whole system update which would include the updated maps. atleast thats the impression i got

just got off the phone with yamaha support. now the guy i talked to put me on hold for a min while he contacted someone to get me an answer on how to update. he came back and said thats its not user updatable. the dealer has to do any update to the system and since the boat is a 21, i have the most current software version. once it gets maybe a year old they will have updates for the system that the dealer can install.

it sounds to me that the maps arent separate from the connext software. its basically a whole system update which would include the updated maps. atleast thats the impression i got
Thanks for trying. I guess at least they confirmed the system can be upgraded, lol.

I have ordered the navionics sd Card to upload the map on it.
I have the USB adapter, I will try this when i will receive the sd card.

yes, please let us know. my dealer in the fall gave me different info where you plug into the usb in the back then power cycle the connext and it will pull the map data off the sd/usb.

Back