• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

updating navionics maps 2021

Has anyone successfully updated the maps on a 275 yet? I have a 2022 which might have up to date maps, but I also have a Navionics subscription and would like to make sure I have the latest and greatest maps.

I don't think anyone has found a way yet as the 12" screens do not have SD cards. Your dealer may have been told about updates through firmware upgrades?

I was told by the dealer who contacted yamaha on my behalf that you need an sd to usb adapter. Insert card and power cycle the unit.

i have not done it personally and now prob wont bother since my boat will be up for sale toward the end of next season when my new boat is due to be delivered.

another thing that has happened though is about 4 mos ago garmin locked down navionics. If any device you have uses it, you can continue to do so but there will be no more updates. They made it for use on garmin only. I am not fully versed on all the details but thats what i got out of the conversation.

I was told by the dealer who contacted yamaha on my behalf that you need an sd to usb adapter. Insert card and power cycle the unit.

i have not done it personally and now prob wont bother since my boat will be up for sale toward the end of next season when my new boat is due to be delivered.

another thing that has happened though is about 4 mos ago garmin locked down navionics. If any device you have uses it, you can continue to do so but there will be no more updates. They made it for use on garmin only. I am not fully versed on all the details but thats what i got out of the conversation.
I assume that doesn't apply to navionics on phones.

I didn't hear that...only that Garmin was segregating their charts from the rest of the chartplotters. So if you have a Garmin, you must use Garmin branded map data, probably for a few unique features. If you have anything else, you continue to use Navionics map data without those unique features which just means your non-Garmin plotter works as it always does.

I didn't hear that...only that Garmin was segregating their charts from the rest of the chartplotters. So if you have a Garmin, you must use Garmin branded map data, probably for a few unique features. If you have anything else, you continue to use Navionics map data without those unique features which just means your non-Garmin plotter works as it always does.

Def possible i misunderstood. I will look into it and report back. I have a marine electronics company i am using to outfit my new boat. Its all furuno stuff and if im not mistaken i cannot use navionics map data in it due to the garmin lockdown but i will ask and confirm

Def possible i misunderstood. I will look into it and report back. I have a marine electronics company i am using to outfit my new boat. Its all furuno stuff and if im not mistaken i cannot use navionics map data in it due to the garmin lockdown but i will ask and confirm
Maybe the dealer mixed up the info? From what I can see as of a few mins ago on the Navionics site, Furuno is still fully compatible with the below products:
Furuno GP-1871F; GP-1971F
Is this different from your info?

By the way, what's your new boat?

As of mar 22nd garmin has started locking it down beginning with furuno. You can continue to use it but you will no longer be able to update anything. So far its just furuno as far as i know. Its just a way of forcing people into buying garmin products. Im sure the app will always be there since that is a garmin/navionics product. Hopefully this lockdown doesnt work out for them and they follow suit with the other brands.

so the new boat is a nordhavn 475. I have hull #5. They just started laying up the hull. Its not die until fall 2023.

C65E3B98-E7F1-4ED8-8934-9A0AB059453B.jpeg

As of mar 22nd garmin has started locking it down beginning with furuno. You can continue to use it but you will no longer be able to update anything. So far its just furuno as far as i know. Its just a way of forcing people into buying garmin products. Im sure the app will always be there since that is a garmin/navionics product. Hopefully this lockdown doesnt work out for them and they follow suit with the other brands.

so the new boat is a nordhavn 475. I have hull #5. They just started laying up the hull. Its not die until fall 2023.

View attachment 177283

Very Nice! What is the air draft with the tower down? I assume it folds.

Last edited:
Very Nice! What is the air draft with the tower down? I assume it folds.

zip, thanks. airdraft is 26' to the tip of that little static dissipator you see sticking up. the stack doesnt fold down. that is the exhaust. most nordhavn's have dry exhaust. that pic is of hull#1 before commissioning so you have a lot of stuff on and attached to that stack including a hard top for the fly bridge. you would never be able to fold that own. its a massive piece.

Very informative. Just womdering about the Great Loop potential and low bridge clearances. Did not realize it housed the exhaust.

yeah its not a great loop boat. they do have a 41 that doesnt have a pilot house and the electronics and radar are on a foldable pole. that one is much lower and perfect for the loop. i believe the loop has a 19' height limit due to a couple unopening bridges in the chicago area if im not mistaken. mine is more of an ocean crossing boat. 3000 mile range. ce "A" rated hull so its a go anywhere in the world boat but it is slow @ 7 knot cruise so its sailboat speeds.

Yes, agreed. The Champlain Canal has one at 17' at bridge C-28 near Whitehall, NY.

Anyone tried updating the maps? Looking forward to that instead of adding another screen.

Anyone tried updating the maps? Looking forward to that instead of adding another screen.
Do a search for connext maps and you'll find several posts here about how to update them for the 7" screens.
What boat model are you talking about...the 2014 didn't have any screens?

Do a search for connext maps and you'll find several posts here about how to update them for the 7" screens.
What boat model are you talking about...the 2014 didn't have any screens?

I did, I could not find any clear successful attempt. I am talking about 252S.

I did, I could not find any clear successful attempt. I am talking about 252S.
Unfortunately that model uses a different MFD screen from previous models and as yet non-dealer updates are not available.

You might consider updating your profile too...looks like you have a 2014 boat...

Unfortunately that model uses a different MFD screen from previous models and as yet non-dealer updates are not available.

You might consider updating your profile too...looks like you have a 2014 boat...

Thanks for the reminder ??

Anyone make any progress on this, or know if there are any dealer firmware updates?

i actually ended up just forgetting about it. i have a new boat on the way end of next season so i figured the current maps would do me just fine until then when i sell the 275 so i am not really going to bother.

Back