• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Upgrade time?

I went through the same analysis when upgrading from my AR190. Some of the options on the LS may be very important to other people. I decided to put the money into mods. The dealer said he could install a shower kit for me for if I wanted.

I am waiting for the dealer announcement to see what changes are coming for the 2015 model year.

@jawsf16 Yea, I'd prefer to sell it outright, but the logistics of selling a boat with a lien seem complicated.
It shouldn't be. It should be just like selling a car. You give the buyer a Bill of Sale and he gets the Title when you pay the bank whats left on the loan.

I should clarify that the bimini's changed between 2011 and 2012 such that the new versions have poles supporting the rear instead of straps. Per Yamaha, the tow rope goes under the bimini on the 2010s and 2011s but over the bimini on the 2012s and up. However the newer biminis have three adjustment height settings so "I think" they can just be set in the high position so that you can run the rope under the bimini instead of over it. I don't like the rope swinging side to side at head height in the cockpit (which can happen with the bimini stowed) because it sometimes comes in contact with the rear support straps, so I usually put the bimini away when I tow from the tower. I don't know about the 240s bimini but the 242s is about 7 feet long and covers the pilot, copilot and gets just to the leading edge of the rear cockpit seats (everyone else roasts in the sun like hot dogs on a grill). I suspect that the AR 240s bimini provides similar coverage). FYI - In the past Yamaha used to offer extensions for the SX (non tower boats only which already had a bigger bimini to start with).

The new 242s have a few things that didn't come on the 2010 version I have but for the most part they are the same. The fresh water shower is nice but I wish they would have put a bigger pump in it which would have likely driven a larger holding tank as well. If you want the swim deck speakers, docking lights, fresh water shower but don't want to drill or pay some else to, the 242 is the way to go. Otherwise you can add those things (may be with better quality items) and more for a lot less than the price difference between the two boats. As for the differences in the towers, it's a personal preference thing, at 5'8' I am not tall enough to make the 242's tower height an issue and I like the forward swept look better so I went with it. Another thing to consider is the height (242 and 240) when the towers are folded down. I don't know the height of either (mine doesn't fold) but this may be an issue for you depending on if/where you store the boat.

In closing, the upgrade bug is bitch. The last time it bit me I went in the hole for about $30K fight it if you can, at least until the end of the season so you can get a better deal. If Yamaha comes out with something new (not just a change in the decals or carpet color) one thing I am certain of is that it will be more expensive than what is currently available.

@Ronnie I didn't realize you can run the tow line under the bimini on the 242. I do like the forward swept tower, but I'm trying to determine if the $6K price difference from the 240 is worth it. I think you listed all the differences I had come up with. The only thing that's a must have for me is the shower...

242LS vs AR240 upgrades:
Teak-style carpet
Head with upholstered interior and light
Upgraded custom steering wheel
Flush mounted docking lights
Upholstered cushioned seats
Freshwater shower
Wireless stereo remote
Bluetooth® connectivity
Polk® marine speakers and swim deck
Flush mounted tweeter speakers in tower
Flush mounted LED lights in tower
242ls comes with ACR and battery cut off. AR240 does not but can be added and recommended.

The dealer meeting is coming up in the middle of August... stay tuned to our facebook page (www.facebook.com/twincitymarineinc) for pictures of the first night unveiling of the 2015 product. I think there are a few things that you are going to like! We haven't gotten any specs but our rep told us it's going to be a great year.

Uhoh...I just found out they have a leftover 2013 SX240...decisions...

Trade in = the F You price. Buy new in winter, sell the old in the spring. It's worth it.

Back