• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upgrade your steering to the Cobra Ultimate steering system.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This trade in offer has expired . Remember choose wisely when selecting a steering system. The Ultimate system offers more features and benefits than any other system, do your homework and enjoy your boat.

The Cobra Ultimate steering system is our most popular steering system . It is built from aircraft aluminum, the fins are only 3/16 thick and tempered for exceptional strength.
This Patented system, U S Patent 8425269 issued in April of 2013, fits most Yamaha jet boats , the only exception is the newest 21 and 24 foot articulating keel models and yes we have a special steering system, the Magnum A K system for those models.
The ULTIMATE SYSTEM is plug and play. The fins are spring loaded .
The system provides you with exceptional slow speed control for docking and no wake zones.
The ULTIMATE system makes it very easy for guest or novice operators to operate your boat even in congested no wake areas, even handling the wakes of passing boats with ease. So here is where the ULTIMATE earns it's name.
This system is selectable, YOU decide if you want the fins to stay down in the water at speed for water sport activities or for the sake of having excellent control of the boat even in rapid deceleration situations like collision avoidance.
This set actually allows YOU to set the fin depth when in all time mode.
You also have the option of staggering the fins on twin engine applications. You can set the inside fins lower and the outside fins higher to get the exact amount of influence that suits your style of driving and your size boat, yes YOU can set the level of influence in high speed mode to precisely accommodate your boats hull size, this allows you to set the influence level to exactly what you feel your boat requires to meet your individual needs .
Keep in mind if your needs change from time to time all you do is change the settings, no need to go buy a different set of fins.
The Ultimate steering uses a special selectable and adjustable actuator that is NOT positioned in the water below the nozzle so it can't cause drag, get snagged or kick up water behind the boat.
This actuator uses the jet of water exiting the nozzle to hold the fins down at the setting you chose while operating at speed, with the benefit of a backup spring to cover any situation where the pump fails or the engine stall for any reason.
This same actuator can be set to lift the fins up at speed using the same thrust exiting the nozzle to perform that function if you so desire.
This function utilizes the same spring to bring the fins back down when the boat is off plane for enhanced slow speed steering assistance .
The ULTIMATE system also incorporates a special multi function side force stabilizer that eliminates the need to add any stabilizer bars or braces between the fins in the flow of water that can snag things, create drag or create any unwanted water spraying up behind the boat.
So with both the specially designed side force stabilizer and the special actuator we have a unique selectable, adjustable and versatile answer for most Yamaha jet boat owners. From the smaller early jet boats to the largest models available.
Making this system UNIQUE and very desirable!
AND then we made the FANGS !
A system upgrade that provides the ability to add another cost effective set of features to your Ultimate system.
You can add the FANGS for a power steering effect at speed and even more reverse control than with just the fins alone.
So now you have the reason this is the ULTIMATE steering system, Nothing else like it at any price!
If you want to upgrade to the Ultimate system I am reopening the trade in offer to members only to assist you in making the transition from now until the end of February The m s r p on a twin set is $450 the buy direct from my web page discounted price for the twin engine ULTIMATE steering is 369.25 with free shipping in the U S A.
And to those people considering a steering system remember all aftermarket systems are definitely NOT ALIKE, buy your last system FIRST, do your research and then make a decision. If you are not smiling when you are driving your jet boat you probably don't have COBRA JET STEERING , it's like driving a sports car on a dry road !

Note FANGS are 75 dollars for a single engine and 85 dollars for the standard twin engine set.
This special offer may not be combined with any other special pricing or discounts.

Last edited:

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hey Jeff @Cobra Jet Steering LLC , I have a set of your fins that I purchased summer of 2012 when I bought the boat, but I am confused as to what it is I have. I thought they were Magnum, but on the website the Magnum model says no drilling required, but mine did require drilling into the bottom of the nozzle, so I am not sure what model I have, maybe you can clarify for me with that description. At any rate, if you can identify what product I have, will the fangs fit? Again, they appear to look like the 16x Magnum fins, but mine did require drilling. Thanks in advance, I would love to add fins for better steering this summer. Also, mine are definitely not spring loaded, if that helps any at all.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You probably have the first edition magnums with a bar across the back of the nozzle , The second edition use a side force stabilizer that mounts under the nozzle similar to how the the one on the ultimate set mounts, if this is correct you can upgrade the side force stabilizer to the latest one and then add the fangs. or if you are using the top setting of your existing stabilizer you can actually add the Magnum A K fangs just like the a k system uses and that would be a lot less expensive since you would not need to change the stabilizer and those fangs are only $45 a set as opposed to the fancier ones that run 85 dollars a set. The first edition looked like the picture attached so hopefully you have that style and you can simply add the magnum A K fangs to it.

Attachments