• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

(Upholstery) Seat Skin Sets

The Upholstery Guy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys!!

(2003-2006 SX230) (AR230 2007-2009) (2010-2014 240-242)

My Name Is Hugo . “The Etsy” Guy aka “easyliving” has asked us to take over for him regarding Skin Set orders as he has been really busy with work. We are the UPHOLSTERY shop who makes the Skins Sets .If you have any questions in regards to how it works and etc, please do not hesitate to reach out directly. Every once in a while, you may not see "inventory available" on the etsy site. That's typically because have current orders processing and I try not to make more purchases available until we have the bandwidth to accept more orders. My theory is to keep quality the priority over quantity.

As for fitment and etc, we leave an extra 1"-1.5" around the perimeter for a little extra "play" when installing. It definitely takes a little patience when installing but, we can customize to your liking while keeping it affordable. Attached is a boat we did about a week ago with a vintage-style mocha color. Diamond stitching throughout. The color is slightly darker in person or lighter.

As for material goes, we use Seaquest which has good UV durability. Sunbrella of course is a great brand and their quality is well known. There's just an increase in price when going with Sunbrella so most individuals shy away. We have access to order brands if requested.

We are located in southern NJ. If anyone is nearby and wants to get their upholstery skins installed at the same time, we do have discounted pricing for that as well. Please don't be shy to reach out with any questions!

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

Resized_20201224_125814.jpg

received_234524321355796.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

The Upholstery Guy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We can upholster them Yes . As for a Pre made Skin set no :( we don’t have a template for those just yet . But if you’re willing to ship out or if you’re close to South Jersey area we can definitely figure something out .

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you have skins for a first generation (2010 to 2014) Yamaha 240/242 series boat?

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We can upholster them Yes . As for a Pre made Skin set no :( we don’t have a template for those just yet . But if you’re willing to ship out or if you’re close to South Jersey area we can definitely figure something out .
It mat be helpful to list which Yamaha boats you have templates from. It will save from pages of "do you have them for my XXXX"

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Probably a dumb question, but these just wrap over the existing upholstery?

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The quality of these skins is fantastic and they backup their work 100%. I bought a set of these for our 2006 SX230, I had a couple that didn’t fit correctly and they went over and above to correct the problem. I’ll post some pictures in couple weeks when I finish putting them on.

sjbrush

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The quality of these skins is fantastic and they backup their work 100%. I bought a set of these for our 2006 SX230, I had a couple that didn’t fit correctly and they went over and above to correct the problem. I’ll post some pictures in couple weeks when I finish putting them on.
How difficult was it to install these yourself? I’ve installed new seats on motorcycles and such. Wondering if it’s the same concept. Ie take your time, staple, stretch, staple, etc.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How difficult was it to install these yourself? I’ve installed new seats on motorcycles and such. Wondering if it’s the same concept. Ie take your time, staple, stretch, staple, etc.
The bottom cushions were easy, the upper ones that had bends in them are not as easy, you need to try to support or brace the back while you are installing the covers so they have the same contour as when they are installed or you will end with creases when they are installed. I bought a pneumatic stapler for upholstery that worked very well.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@The Upholstery Guy , do you have any pics of the skins installed on a first generation (2010 to 2014) 240 / 242? Does you kit include the front and rear filler cushions?

The Upholstery Guy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very simple you can text me for more info 6093505941