• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

User error, could've been worse!

swing away?

Yep. Don't know about the newer models, but the older models have swing away tongue like the photo below.
FLSP-080400-SemBoat.jpg

I've been using good quality Master lockpins for years. Instructions say to lock it with the key IN the lock, then pull the key out. I found that if you just snap it on, it may not lock into place properly.

I use a Master lock for the coupler and swing tongue too. I don't trust people to not mess with the pins on the hitch or trailer when I'm out boating, so I always use locks instead of pins. I remove the towbar when I'm not trailering and keep the lockpin in the truck. I also lube my locks every couple of months to keep them working smoothly.

I forgot the swing away pin one time. Pulled out of the driveway and turned, trailer pivoted, and ran into the liftgate of my Tahoe. Dented the crap out of it. Luckily the Tahoe was near the end of its useful life and I just never fixed it. Lesson learned.
Ooh Ooh Me Me..... YUP!!! Been there done that. Got the truck hooked up to the trailer at the marina, with the boat on, pulled trailer all the way over to the ramp. Looked down at my center console and realized that damn pin was sitting right there. Was just getting ready to turn up the hill so I could back the boat down the ramp but stopped just in time to realize the pin was not in. Had to unhook the the truck, pull the tongue straight, and do it all again because the pin alignment hole had just started to become un-aligned. That scared the holy hell out of me because if I were going elsewhere, there's no telling how far down the road I could have gotten before the trailer decided it was going to go a different direction. Lesson for that day and forever more, Check, Check and Re-Check after one more check.....

Back