• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Using a 4 channel amp to wire two speakers and sub-woofer

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a four channel amp and I only need to wire in two speakers for the swim deck speakers. I was told that if I want to have a sub-woofer that I would need a separate amp for that. Is there not a way to use the four channel for the sub-woofer too?? Thanks.

I think you can use those two channels together for the sub @Jim Robeson , I don't know the technical terms, but the power from the two channels can power a mono amp as one channel. Maybe one of the more knowledgable guys can direct the how's and what's.

Never mind, I found what I was asking about in a post by @TexasTea ... sounds like I just need to find a another amp.

@Jim Robeson Actually you should be ok to use the amp that you have, unless it only has one cross over for all 4 channels. And I wouldn't think that would be the case. 2 of the channels should have one crossover that you could put on full range or high pass filter , and on the other two channels I would bridge that side ( L+ and R- ) to use the power of both channels for the sub. Put that crossover on Low pass Filter. Should work just fine.

What Amp do you have?

It should have 2 sets of crossover settings

Thanks! I will look the next time I'm at the lake. Appreciate the input @jcyamaharider !

A 4 channel amp should work just fine for what you are trying to do. I do exactly that in my pickup - power a pair of separates in the front with 2 of the channels and bridge the other two to power a sub. Not complicated. In fact, I would prefer that setup to a 2 amp setup. KISS at work.

I use a four channel for my in boat speakers and a sub bridged. Another four channel bridged for tower speakers. Works great.

Back