• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vectors or cobras?

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah so I’m strictly on lakes. I had the old Cobra’s that I swapped out for the Thrust Vectors. Just looking at how much bigger they were I assumed I would get more performance out of them. I feel like I lost performance switching? Or could it be just that it handles differently than I’m used to? When I would let go of the steering wheel to get a “soda” out of the cooler, used to the boat turning and not holding a straight line, however correcting the steering back in the other direction seemed to take longer.

So now I’m interested in how the Vectors compare to the new Cobra Ultimates. Or am I splitting hairs on performance?

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2017 212 Limited S (With articulating Keel)

I just installed the Cobra fins with fangs. Low speed handling is much improved, as expected, and is probably similar to the Thrust Vectors.

Where the Cobras shined is higher speed .... I really noticed a huge difference, especially pulling 2 - tubers. The boat now really bites in the turns now like my old stern drive did. I am glad I went with the Cobras, I noticed an immediate difference and got exactly what I was hoping for.

I think the lateral thrusters are next level, but they are expensive and I dont think I need them with fins on.

Just my $.02