• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vehicle Allowance

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone out there have a company car/truck and get a vehicle allowance? I currently have one but my current company just buys the car and I drive it and expense the gas. Thinking about taking a new job and the offer on the table is $675/month, plus expense gas. Is this in line with the national average? I understand the $675 will be considered taxable income. I think I can also claim a portion of the miles on my tax return??

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'm also in sales and the company that I've been with for 18 years also has a car allowance. It was $350 month, taxed, for most of that time. They finally bumped it to $500 about 3 year ago. I still think that it's below the average. Even though they pay for tolls/gas, living in NJ, we have some of the highest car insurance rates in the country. The $500, after taxes, does not cover my car payment completely, or any insurance or any maint. The "plus" to this is that I get to drive what I like, i.e. my truck.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My girlfriend gets $350 and cant expense gas and only gets reimbursed after 1000 miles for mileage. The $350 is taxed as well. $675 sounds pretty good to me.

I think you can deduct your vehicle payments and depreciate it on your taxes too.