• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Very interested in this 255

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
About to make a big decision and I'm very interested in this 255 (2016). But ofcourse joining a forum doesn't help with the bad news regarding a product.

I own a Rotax Sea Doo with zero problems, but it seems that the problem with the Scarab is not the Rotax power plant but the implementation by Scarab. Scared that the only Scarab dealer I know, MarineMax will stop servicing and selling these boats if they can't move them. Then I'll be stuck with a dead boat. I know I'm jumping the gun here, but it's a big "investment".

So I've been looking at the Yamaha as well, and they have a ton of storage. If you own a 255, where are you storing life jackets, bags, food, etc?

The bow storage looks very limited, under the helm is the cooler, on the head, well it's the head and also around 17 cushions! On the U-seating, the folding cushion takes away some storage and since this is a Wake edition, the center storage is also occupied with the bags. How you are managing.

Thanks

Attachments

Dave Ackley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just ordered a 2017 255 HOI and will take 4 - 6 weeks for delivery. Time can't go by fast enough. Living in SWFL boating is an all year event though.

I was torn between outboards and a jet because of course when you have friends with outboards they have a pretty harsh opinion on a jet but when talking to folks that have a jet it debunks most of what the outboard guys say. Every boat has its pro's and con's and after much deliberation and forum reviews for about 8 months we dove right into the jet life.

As far as storage goes, I went with the non wake edition which gives me the storage where the ballasts would be. For my family it made sense for our usage in boat.

I was looking at the Yami's but me and the wife loved the fit and finish of the Scarab.

Can't wait to hear from the Scarab owners and their experience as well.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Doesn't answer your question, but storage was a big issue with us as well when looking for our new boat, when we were looking... In my Chaparral, there is a cooler in the center of the bow, and deep storage under the 2 bow seats. Under the helm and under the corresponding port area, even more storage. Under the passenger front seat is another storage area with a drain. could be used for a cooler or we use it for storing wet toys like dog retrieving things or nurf balls. Then under the rear bench seat on the starboard side, is all storage and under the port side is a dedicated storage area for a coleman cooler and another small storage area. So... lots of storage. And the Rotax engine like you are familiar with. Just another option....

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
We also loved the cushions of Scarabs, way more "cushiony". The front storage should be able to fit the bow filler cushions, instead they have to be stored in the head compartment. I also question where to fit the dock bumpers, life jackets. Just that they brag about their design but it really falls short for such a big boat. But at the price, I might have to overlook all that and figure it out as we go.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I will be glad to help anyone here with their Scarab. I am so sorry that Marine Max has really screwed up things for anybody here!

Dave Ackley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Welcome to the Club Ron. I am sure many people on the Scarab forum will be glad your here.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will be glad to help anyone here with their Scarab. I am so sorry that Marine Max has really screwed up things for anybody here!
Welcome Aboard. Are you with Scarab or a dealership?

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I am with Scarab as a dealer in Fort Myers with 20 years of experience. I was introduced to this site from an existing Scarab customer. I am posting on here to help people in the Scarab family. We all are to aware of the MarineMax issues people are going through.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
What's the deal with MarineMax? That's my only dealer in the area? Anything I should know before dumping thousands of dollars into the 255?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seadoo dealers are now allowed to perform work on the Scarabs from what I hear. Just give them a call.

That 255 looks awesome. Good luck with your purchase.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
What's the deal with MarineMax? That's my only dealer in the area? Anything I should know before dumping thousands of dollars into the 255?
Marine Max is no longer affiliated with Scarab. However, if they were a dealer in your area, they will sell you the boat, of course, off of their lot. They can't special order you one. And as soon as you leave the lot, good luck getting them to service it afterwards. Find or search out your local Scarab dealer.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
We also loved the cushions of Scarabs, way more "cushiony". The front storage should be able to fit the bow filler cushions, instead they have to be stored in the head compartment. I also question where to fit the dock bumpers, life jackets. Just that they brag about their design but it really falls short for such a big boat. But at the price, I might have to overlook all that and figure it out as we go.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If you are truly planning on camping on that boat in the bow, the bow filler cushions are really supposed to be used on colder days and stored in the garage. So far, based on experience too, the head gets used for storage by the consumer since they think of it more for the emergency use., lol.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Scarabs cushions do look nice, but thats where it stops. The comfort is average especially considering the competition, and they do have their issues. Stains on the Scarab's vinyl are extremely hard to get rid of. Especially on the HOIs "honeycomb" parts. Make sure you stay on these with conditioner, and protectant.

Dock bumpers can be kept under the lounge seats, or under the bow seats, and if they are thin enough can fit in the dive platform bins. As far as the bow filler cushion, I thought there was a separate storage for this, and the tables under the helm with access behind the driver side bow cushion. I could be wrong, but that's where the 195s have them.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The Scarabs cushions do look nice, but thats where it stops. The comfort is average especially considering the competition, and they do have their issues. Stains on the Scarab's vinyl are extremely hard to get rid of. Especially on the HOIs "honeycomb" parts. Make sure you stay on these with conditioner, and protectant.

Dock bumpers can be kept under the lounge seats, or under the bow seats, and if they are thin enough can fit in the dive platform bins. As far as the bow filler cushion, I thought there was a separate storage for this, and the tables under the helm with access behind the driver side bow cushion. I could be wrong, but that's where the 195s have them.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Use this stuff for any stains you may encounter, or a diluted 50/50 solution of simple green. It's safe and biodegradable, nor will it discolor any cushions.

Attachments

Scottdip

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just ordered a 2017 255 HOI and will take 4 - 6 weeks for delivery. Time can't go by fast enough. Living in SWFL boating is an all year event though.

I was torn between outboards and a jet because of course when you have friends with outboards they have a pretty harsh opinion on a jet but when talking to folks that have a jet it debunks most of what the outboard guys say. Every boat has its pro's and con's and after much deliberation and forum reviews for about 8 months we dove right into the jet life.

As far as storage goes, I went with the non wake edition which gives me the storage where the ballasts would be. For my family it made sense for our usage in boat.

I was looking at the Yami's but me and the wife loved the fit and finish of the Scarab.

Can't wait to hear from the Scarab owners and their experience as well.

Do you mind me asking what you paid?

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Marine Max is no longer affiliated with Scarab. However, if they were a dealer in your area, they will sell you the boat, of course, off of their lot. They can't special order you one. And as soon as you leave the lot, good luck getting them to service it afterwards. Find or search out your local Scarab dealer.
No longer or in the process of dumping them?

Howard Z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am with Scarab as a dealer in Fort Myers with 20 years of experience. I was introduced to this site from an existing Scarab customer. I am posting on here to help people in the Scarab family. We all are to aware of the MarineMax issues people are going through.
Ron, I am going to be in Fort Myers the first week of April. I am very interested in a 255 Platinum. I will be purchasing next year at this time. Could I swing by an take a look around and ask a few questions?