• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Very interested in this 255

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ron, I am going to be in Fort Myers the first week of April. I am very interested in a 255 Platinum. I will be purchasing next year at this time. Could I swing by an take a look around and ask a few questions?

Absolutely! I should have a 255 HO with twin 200's coming in by then. It is on order as we speak. I will answer anything you might want to know or need to know.

Howard Z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Absolutely! I should have a 255 HO with twin 200's coming in by then. It is on order as we speak. I will answer anything you might want to know or need to know.
Thanks Ron! See you the first week of April!

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks Ron! See you the first week of April!
Awesome, we definitely need to change your status from Boat-less to Scarab Muscle, lol!

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I just ordered a 2017 255 HOI and will take 4 - 6 weeks for delivery. Time can't go by fast enough. Living in SWFL boating is an all year event though.

I was torn between outboards and a jet because of course when you have friends with outboards they have a pretty harsh opinion on a jet but when talking to folks that have a jet it debunks most of what the outboard guys say. Every boat has its pro's and con's and after much deliberation and forum reviews for about 8 months we dove right into the jet life.

As far as storage goes, I went with the non wake edition which gives me the storage where the ballasts would be. For my family it made sense for our usage in boat.

I was looking at the Yami's but me and the wife loved the fit and finish of the Scarab.

Can't wait to hear from the Scarab owners and their experience as well.

How much did you pay?

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well, I guess I need to update my own thread! LOL....it happened and yes, I'am the proud owner of the 255 H.O. Impulse. Did my first trip last saturday on 25-30mph winds at the lake...that was fun...but I couldnt wait. Hehehe. Cant wait to the next one, hopefully this weekend!

FlyNavy76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Nice choice. Enjoy!

Mike Leddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Took delivery of a 255 HO Platinum last weekend. Boat is incredible. Tried to buy from our local MarineMax but ordered new from a new dealership in NJ, Jersey Jet Boats. They plan on having a presence in Barnegat Bay. Everything went well. Our boat has every option available for a non-wake edition but deleted the water system, sink, and porta potti. Only surprise was that the touchscreen GPS requires a subscription to drill down into charts. (or so I was told) and the depth finder seems to kick out above 25 mph.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Took delivery of a 255 HO Platinum last weekend. Boat is incredible. Tried to buy from our local MarineMax but ordered new from a new dealership in NJ, Jersey Jet Boats. They plan on having a presence in Barnegat Bay. Everything went well. Our boat has every option available for a non-wake edition but deleted the water system, sink, and porta potti. Only surprise was that the touchscreen GPS requires a subscription to drill down into charts. (or so I was told) and the depth finder seems to kick out above 25 mph.
Congrats! I love the boat too! And yes, apparently the depth finder is inoperable after the boat gathers some speed. Oh well.

Dirt squirt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Re: depth finder. In my experience that happens on all boats. Enjoy the ride. That's a beautiful boat!