• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vibration and excess water

Craigz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi everyone,

I've noticed that when flushing the engines on my boat it makes a loud vibration sound that seems excessive. It doesn't make any odd noises unload load of being in water but under the reduced load of flushing its quite a bit louder. I never run the flush very long to prevent damage but I'm not sure how it was treated in the first 37 hours of engine operation.

A couple days ago I was out on the water for a full day of fun. On the way home in my canals I noticed the bilge pump was running quite often. It would run for 15 second, off 15 and repeat. When I got the boat safely back in the lift I opened everything up and had a few inches of water in the ski locker. It was cold water so I don't think it's the carbon seal but who knows.

The next day I unplugged the bilge pump and filled it up with some wayer from the hose but didn't get anything coming out except a few drips from one port that could have been just sitting there and moved from me walking around the boat.

This morning I'm going to drop it in the water and look for water coming in.

Anything in particular I should look for? This happens to be the worst timing as my wife's family is here for the week and she's pushing to go out but I don't want to risk anything.

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy post

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not familiar with your boat but Yamaha used to have some problems with the deck drain through hull scupper cracking but that was when the scupper was below the water line. Also see if your anchor locker drain is below the water line at no wake speeds allowing water to get in/be forced in to the anchor locker and eventually the bilge. Finally keep in mind that if water is constantly coming up over the swim deck it will get into the clean out plug compartment and sometimes leaks between the cover/bottom of that compartment into the bilge. Oh don’t forget to verify that your transom plug is installed and tight.