• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

vibration in throttle

krob408

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
please guys be easy on me i just bought this boat 2 weeks ago so I'm learning and this site has got a lot of good info

while out today the right throttle on my 2007 sx230 ho started vibrating at around 7000 rpm and up..
i have the prop out right now.. it does have a few small dings on it and you can see the scratches in the wear ring.. rear bearings under the cone look good
I'm looking at replacing the prop and housing and bearings hoping to fix this issue
i just put new iridium plugs in at and changed the oil and filter

I'm hoping any advice would be great

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
adjust your reverse bucket up a little it is hanging down in the flow of water exiting the nozzle

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can you post a pic of the impeller? Dings can cause a vibration. Sounds like you sucked up and spit out some rocks. Reverse bucket can cause vibration too if it's hitting the jet wash.

krob408

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Small dings in prop20180812_181620.jpg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That impeller does not look too bad. May be causing a little cavitation. Must likely it is as the others mentioned. The reverse bucket needs to be raised a little to get out of the flow. Changing plugs is a good idea if you don't know how long the others have been in. I would regrease the bearings in the jet before replacing them. Salt water or fresh water?

krob408

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will reassemble and check reverse buckets today. Boat is used in saltwater

krob408

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is how my reverse buckets are setup

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the same vibration on our boat when we bought it. I simply adjusted the bucket up on the side that was vibrating and it went away. I’m pretty sure i did a write up on it somewhere. But it’s no more than a 5 min fix. All i needed was a set of pliers. Good luck, hope yours is a simple fix also.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They appear to be too low by the pictures.