• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

vibration

John Diamond

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I changed the reverse cables and now get a vibration on the port throttle handle. Any suggestions?

Welcome Aboard!

Do you feel the vibration in the handle or throughout the entire boat?

If just in the handle I am thinking that you may need to adjust the cable to open the bucket fully.

Welcome Aboard!

Do you feel the vibration in the handle or throughout the entire boat?

If just in the handle I am thinking that you may need to adjust the cable to open the bucket fully.
I feel in the handle you can even see the handle shuttering.

@John Diamond glad to have you on board, we LOVE to give suggestions!

Why did you replace your cable, an '11 seems early to have corrosion ? when in neutral does you boat travel at all ? do you only feel the vibration in forward under a lot of power?

It could be as Bruce suggested, your new cable is not adjusted properly and your bucket is hanging two low (still in slight reverse) when you giving it full throttle.

this is from my 07 manual but I think it should be the same for you

upload_2015-10-28_11-20-12.png

Simply put, if any part of the reverse bucket is obstructing the water exiting the nozzle when you have the boat on plane, it will cause exactly what you are experiencing.
Adjust the buckets so the bottom of them is just clear of the nozzle opening and both are even across the opening when you place the controls in neutral.

X3 on the reverse gate (bucket) not being fully open. Just went through this myself

I experienced the exact same issue with my boat when I lake tested it. As explained above, it simply requires a minor adjustment at the reverse gate. Put the controls in forward and compare the reverse gates. Mine was less that 1/8" difference. Took 5 minutes to adjust and it's all good now. So compare it to the other side and try to match the clearances.

Thanks to all for the info

Back