• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Video of my first year on the Hudson River

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yessir. Pretty easy - 40 gal in 5 gal cans. I find those 5 gal jugs to be just about perfect size, not too heavy to carry around and hold them up to refuel on the water.
View attachment 169915
At least 6 in the ski locker, lined with a piece of a memory foam mattress, another one on top to hold them in place.
Wet storage compartments in the stern of all new 240/242 boats each can fit 1 or 2 - 5 gal cans.

I would use only the non-EPA spouts, very important. Also - check for leaks, if leaky the can neck /opening rim can be filed/smoothed out with fine sandpaper which usually solves the problem.

--
Would you mine sharing where you got the gas cans? I live in CA, home and creator of the EPA. I won't be able to find these anywhere. They look like they fit perfect!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Gas cans are rediculously expensive - $25-30 at best. And they all have the EPA mandated leak proof spouts which are totally ineffective and you end up leaking anyway. I found a pump that is the answer. It pumps faster than you can pour and has an auto shutoff feature so you dont overfill the tank and spill gas. I have used it for a couple of years now and it works great. You can find the gas cans on Amazon.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would you mine sharing where you got the gas cans? I live in CA, home and creator of the EPA. I won't be able to find these anywhere. They look like they fit perfect!
Ouch, looks like prices went way up...
But this is what I got, and then the spouts need replaced with non-EPA fast spouts:

I do not know of a better system, those bigger fast race jugs do not fit in the ski locker. The hi-flo spouts when fitted correctly are the fastest transfer, assuming you can hold a 5gal jug up in the air over the gunnel, which is doable even in fairly rough conditions.

--

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
But this is what I got, and then the spouts need replaced with non-EPA fast spouts:

I do not know of a better system, those bigger fast race jugs do not fit in the ski locker. The hi-flo spouts when fitted correctly are the fastest transfer, assuming you can hold a 5gal jug up in the air over the gunnel, which is doable even in fairly rough conditions.

--
Thank you....I'll buy the cans and just use a pump. I'll be camping in a remote area and will need to bring extra gas! Thank you!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

--
I just checked on the spouts. Amazon says cannot be shipped/sold to CA. Commie bastards. That's ok. I'll use a pump. Thanks again

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@TreeRX I'm usually having too much fun to take pics or videos!
:D

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yessir. Pretty easy - 40 gal in 5 gal cans. I find those 5 gal jugs to be just about perfect size, not too heavy to carry around and hold them up to refuel on the water.
I normally don't need to worry about fuel, but this year I think we're going to try a longer run if covid eases up and putting some cans in the ski locker were my plan too.