• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Vinyl seat cleaner

LA’s Totally Awesome and this little leather brush. An aircraft detailer turned me on to this brush. I always thought my seats were clean with Awesome and microfiber, but you’ll be amazed how much more dirt comes out of your “clean” seats. I was.
Wow, 2 great recommendations ! The awesome cleaner from the dollar store used with the nano brush is a home run. 64 oz cleaner for a buck, and the brush just pulled dirt from my seat cushions. They looked clean to begin with, but now are much cleaner looking. My sons g/f is a very aggressive sun block applier. That stuff was everywhere before I even realized how much she was lathering her and my son up. Brushed right out. I followed it up with boat bling leather conditioner.

Thanks for the tips !

Dollar Store. Your welcome.
View attachment 161633
Omg. Thanks for this advice. I bought star brite vinyl clean and it did ok. I did it twice and it looked better than before but smelled like bleach. I saw this post and decided to try it. Just wow!!

Left side is Totally Awesome ($1), Right side is Star Brite Vinyl Cleaner ($10)

Attachments

• 0C789B07-8143-4BA2-870C-D4A031613642.jpeg
    0C789B07-8143-4BA2-870C-D4A031613642.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 53
Are you guys using Totally Awesome at full strength or diluting it? I bought some last fall but haven't tried it yet. If I recall correctly, the bottle said it was concentrated?

Are you guys using Totally Awesome at full strength or diluting it? I bought some last fall but haven't tried it yet. If I recall correctly, the bottle said it was concentrated?
I used it at full strength and used a wet detailing brush to scrub lightly and wiped off with a wet towel, followed by a dry towel.

I dilute it. But at the price point, full strength won't cost you much. BUt it is overkill.

Simple green works well vinyl and pretty much anything. I've found nothing works better on stains than the sun.

I bought the concentrate, but I definitely dilute since its very easy to damage vinyl. Play around with the ratio until it gets the dirt out without hurting anything. I was very happy with the results.

I use TA diluted. Probably 1/4 strength, dunno, I just eyeball it in a spray bottle.

Back