• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vinyl seat reupholstery questions

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey, I am on board!

I have a walking foot industrial sewing machine, I use for canvas but I will be willing to try some vinyl if I can get some reasonably priced good quality material.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you in the same "boat" as me? (bad pun intended) My vinyl really isn't terrible, but we just go this boat, and like my wife says, why wait until later to do the upgrades, when it will just end up being that much less time for us to enjoy the nicer seats. We got the boat for a good enough price, that we can dunk some money into this without it hurting too much. As for vinyl, it seems like marinevinylfabric.com is a really well priced store, with what seems to be quality vinyl. If you look at all the ratings and specs for the material, like UV resistance, wear characteristics, mold and mildew resistance, etc, they were consistently toward the top, and they have a pretty good selection of colors. All for under $10/linear yard. AKA, 36" x 54". If you find something better, you're obligated to inform me. ;) Other things to note, you need the right thread, and make sure to use Stainless staples.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will check it out. @dgfreeze Thanks. I will post after my first cushion is done.