• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vinyl Upholstery Color Matching

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have any recommendations for vinyl? Where to purchase or a brand that is a good match for our boats? I'm looking to repair/reupholster some damaged spots on my seats. I need to find a vinyl that matches as close as possible, since some of the cushions will be next to cushions that have not been reupholstered. I got some samples from a local fabric store, but I'm not happy with them - they aren't a close enough match. The color is wrong and the texture is wrong. I understand it's going to be hard to find an exact match due to age and fading, but I'll be happy with something "close enough."

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just reupholstered an atv seat with outdoor/marine fabric that we purchased on amazon. I'd have to look for the actual product, but they had a lot of color choices. I didn't have to match anything and just went with a dark gray, but was pleased with the finished product.

That probably doesn't help you, much. Lol I guess my point was that the quality of fabric was ok, and they had lots of colors.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I also had the local fibrenew shop do some of the cushions on our '92 Celebrity. They were able to match the boat pretty well. Wasn't too expensive.

http://www.fibrenew.com/

Jane305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Grady White
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am satisfied with Bry-Tech product, the feature I love the most about this product is its moisture-resistant build. This means you can just enjoy sailing and having fun without worrying about water splashes. No matter the weather, your boat will remain free from mold and mildew if you use this product. Their fabrics have different surface textures and patterns so you have plenty of options. A leather-look is a usual go-to for boat cushions, and this product has plenty of those in various colors.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A lot of choises for marine vinyl out there. Some hard to find factory original materials can be found here. Boat Carpet, Boat Flooring, Boat & Marine Upholstery | Great Lakes Skipper I know @Scottintexas found the original fishscale grey for his boat locally.
We have been using A Guide to Vinyl Fabric - Sailrite for our upholstery needs. We used Morbern® Sanibel Cream 54" Vinyl Fabric - Sailrite for our cockpit cushions and are using Ultraleather® Original Ermine 54" Fabric - Sailrite for the interior cabin cushions on the Beneteau.