• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vortex Pics

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have found some cool pictures of the Vortex line. Looks like there are 2 types from the paint schemes. One is toned down, and the other has the crazy graphics.

Here is the toned down one.

And then the wild one.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

It uses the SeaDoo Challenger dash. Almost identical.

Looks like the passenger set converts to a lounge.

And the sticker....

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice aluminum trailer with a swing tongue. Man, I wish I had that choice as an option.

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I really like that, the "crazy" one isn't my cup of tea, but the other one is sharp.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Looks nice, I can't find anyone online that had bought one yet. Do you think it compares more towards a 192 or a 210?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yea buts it's right in between the two sizes.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Considering what i know, my boat says its a 195 but its rally a little over 18" long. Even though the engine package says 250hp, it really doesn't push it like a 250hp engine. I think it may be the jet package. But if that boat is a true 21ft, that single engine will struggle to make it over 40 in nothing more than glass waters. Im no speed junky, but if I needed to get out of the way of a storm, I want to do it quickly. I dont know. I wish someone that owns one would get on here.

Last edited:

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
When I window shopped boats last week there was a considerable size difference in the Yamaha 19's and 21's. Just from these pics the chap20's look to lean towards the Yamaha21's in size.

Jmauld

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I saw a green one at lake jordan today. Possibly the very same green one that is pictured above in front of the boats unlimited store, which is only a few miles away. I'm going to stop by and look at it one day this week. It looked good on the water! I would say that it looked bigger than my lx210, but slightly smaller than a 212x.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Chaparral make a nice looking boat. I like all of their boats except the H2O series.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the toned down version.

Is that the same tower as the new 242? I want to know who makes that tower!

Jmauld

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Stopped by boats unlimited today in Durham. They have the green one there. Looks really good in person, and they did a good job maximizing the space.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I like the toned down version.

Is that the same tower as the new 242? I want to know who makes that tower!
Diamond Back Tower's made the previous towers.

I wouldn't doubt it's the same manufacture, but the 242 tower is different for sure.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That black and green looks cool!!!!

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like the blue one, but that tower just doesn't look right. Too upright and too far back or something. The one without the tower looks great!

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
One thing I see looking at the boats on the Chaparral website is that there is limited underseat storage and the seats aren't hinged like the new 24 foot Yamahas. I do like the use of the combing areas next to the seats and the inclusion of 6 cockpit speakers. Overall, though, the more I look at the pics, the more evident the product maturity of the new Yamaha 24s becomes. Now, these Chaparral's might compare more favorably against the 21 foot Yamahas, but then they cost as much as the 24s. Neither the 223 or the 240/242 will likely fit in most garages so I don't see much reason to pick the 22 foot Chap over the 24 foot Yamaha at essentially the same price. Unless, of course, the overall build quality of the Chap is significantly higher.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I went to their website and the offer twin 250's...I wonder what top end on these would be?? Anyone..anyone???