• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

VW Atlas V6 AWD towing an AR210?

orionone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
@orionone, don't keep up in suspense, what did you end up getting!

Jim
Haha we went with a Yukon, wife still wanted the third row and the diesel option offered great fuel economy. Surprisingly better than the Atlas!

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Haha we went with a Yukon, wife still wanted the third row and the diesel option offered great fuel economy. Surprisingly better than the Atlas!
You got the diesel Yukon? Do tell more. Mileage non-towing? Mileage Towing? Thx

orionone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
You got the diesel Yukon? Do tell more. Mileage non-towing? Mileage Towing? Thx
The diesel does 21 city, 27 highway. Not sure on the towing numbers as we’re still waiting on the boat to arrive. The Atlas is rated 17/23

DeviousOne

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Good call on the upgrade I was using my 2018 Q7 to tow my 2012 Challenger 180.

recently picked up a truck to pulled it

Q7 pulled it fine it already had a tow package but it’s just too nice on the inside to keep jumping in wet leaving the dock.

with the F150 don’t feel bad at all lol20AC95C8-D4C3-4B00-BBF7-08D9070B22AC.jpeg287A61D3-3163-4189-8369-766BB0E1DF2B.jpeg

orionone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Q7 pulled it fine it already had a tow package but it’s just too nice on the inside to keep jumping in wet leaving the dock.

with the F150 don’t feel bad at all lolView attachment 163556View attachment 163557
Perfect excuse to get a bigger boat now 😜 Nice setup!

DeviousOne

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Perfect excuse to get a bigger boat now 😜 Nice setup!
thank you and yes that’s the plan wanted to get a towing vehicle that will be able to pull a future upgrade.

a challenger 230 or a Yamaha AR24 jet boat love both but that’s down the road really enjoying my little 180

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

with the F150 don’t feel bad at all lol
See you just need to get a Q7 that had a previous owner that gave ZERO forks. I bought my Q7 used and it was already abused before I got it. It's in much better shape after I've had it for 7mo than the previous owner left it after 3 years. Tows the AR190 beautifully (as does most every other vehicle on the planet that comes with a hitch), and I don't feel even a little bad putting the wet dog, two boys, and the wife and I in it for the drive home. I'm still being nicer to it than the last guy :D :D

1631794732694.png

DeviousOne

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
See you just need to get a Q7 that had a previous owner that gave ZERO forks. I bought my Q7 used and it was already abused before I got it. It's in much better shape after I've had it for 7mo than the previous owner left it after 3 years. Tows the AR190 beautifully (as does most every other vehicle on the planet that comes with a hitch), and I don't feel even a little bad putting the wet dog, two boys, and the wife and I in it for the drive home. I'm still being nicer to it than the last guy :D :D

View attachment 163569
lol true

for me the whole having to clean it right away the next day was getting old but I’m regards to towing did a great job 👏