• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Enhancer Live in Canada!

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
To all my fellow Canucks, the wake enhancer package is live for ordering through dealers, or from the Yamaha online store! Delivery eta is apparently mid-May!

Here is the link for each:
21ft - HERE
24ft - HERE

NickB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wonder if a knockoff will hold much value in the market.. pricy for some metal in my opinion. Yes, I understand some R&D went into this but it’s nothing like a real surf wave and for them to sell 1000 of these and make 1.5M is absurd.. and they will sell 1000 units easy world wide. To each is own, just be safe on the water.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Although I agree its expensive but it comes with a surfboard and a rope too.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, I agree its a tough one...... for what it is it feels pricy, to help justify it to myself I sort of estimated
500-700 for the board 100 for the rope/floatie bumper, putting the enhancer itself around 700-900 bucks. Is it expensive, yeah, but for me its worth it.......assuming it works as I hope it will.

I also figure it probably isn't a true cash cow for Yamaha, in general by the time they factor in:
Manufacturing the enhancer
purchasing the board from slingshot
purchasing the rope
purchasing the other accessories
assembling the package
shipping to the dealer
import duties
currency challenges (Canadian dollar is about 0.74 US right now)
dealer markup

I can’t imagine they are getting rich off the enhancers themselves. That being said, if it works as advertised, it help to sell the boats so there is a benefit there also!

Could money be made if someone with a fab shop could make them up and sell them cheaper? Probably! There would no doubt be some folks here who are probably interested here, but without the marketing or distribution power, I’m not sure it would be commercially viable.

If someone had their own fab shop and time to spare though, I couldn’t blame them for at very leas making their own!

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've made my own wake wedge cost about $150 a piece. Much cheaper than the $800usd price tag. That being said I can see why they charge so much. That's what I'd charge too. I might take a stab at making a wake enhancer too and see which one works better.

NickB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I agree its a tough one...... for what it is it feels pricy, to help justify it to myself I sort of estimated
500-700 for the board 100 for the rope/floatie bumper, putting the enhancer itself around 700-900 bucks. Is it expensive, yeah, but for me its worth it.......assuming it works as I hope it will.

I also figure it probably isn't a true cash cow for Yamaha, in general by the time they factor in:
Manufacturing the enhancer
purchasing the board from slingshot
purchasing the rope
purchasing the other accessories
assembling the package
shipping to the dealer
import duties
currency challenges (Canadian dollar is about 0.74 US right now)
dealer markup

I can’t imagine they are getting rich off the enhancers themselves. That being said, if it works as advertised, it help to sell the boats so there is a benefit there also!

Could money be made if someone with a fab shop could make them up and sell them cheaper? Probably! There would no doubt be some folks here who are probably interested here, but without the marketing or distribution power, I’m not sure it would be commercially viable.

If someone had their own fab shop and time to spare though, I couldn’t blame them for at very leas making their own!
Yes but they are not paying those prices for the board and rope, they are making another 500 off you on those if not more. Something like this should not be such a profitable item for Yamaha, it should be a gift to its customers who spend their life saving on Yamaha boats.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I don't know, seems like a lot but if you were to go buy that exact same board directly from Slingshot you will be paying $550. The booster package is $999 USD - so now the booster is $450 and if you want to get technical you have the rope in there too, although from what i can see of the rope it will probably just end up in a bin in my garage somewhere. $450 doesn't seem outrageous to me. Of course if you don't need or want the board then it sucks you have to pay for it to get the booster. In the end its like anything else, stuff is worth what people are willing to pay for it.

Last edited:

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Price is reeeeeduculous. At most there is $50 worth of materials in the booster. I’m gonna work on making my own since it’s not for 2015 models.