• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Surfing at Lake Powell with our 242 FUN!!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that's some good stuff, what's your ballast set up ?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful wave! How far back from the boat is the pocket you guys are riding in? Are you using the Wake Wedge?

Todd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Yes we are using the Wake Wedge. It really cleans up the wave. There are two pockets. One is about 4 foot the other is about 8 feet. Lighter riders can go back and forth. I'm 215lbs and if I drift to the back pocket I have to lean way forward not to lose it.

Todd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
This was using 1200lbs of water bags and 500lbs of lead weight. We moved the batteries back and put the lead weight bags next to the batteries. We also have a 400lb water bag under the left rear seat and a 750lb bag on the floor. We have 3 to 4 people sitting in the back left side or on the seats on the swim deck. We also tried a 400lb bag tied to the swim deck. It really helped! You want as much weight in the back left side as you can get. Your boat really needs to list to that side. This latest video is using the Wake Wedge. It does a great job in cleaning up the wake. I'm 220lbs and with the added weight and the Wedge I was able to go rope less with ease. The bags we use are the Fly High Fat Sacs. With the Tsumami pump. If your not using the Wedge then you need to turn to the left when Surfing. If using the Wedge, going straight or slightly to the right works better

Thor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Epic video! I would like to get an idea of how much space 2100 lbs (if my math is correct) takes up, do you have any pictures of the ballast when it is filled?

Todd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The 750lb on the floor takes up a lot but the seats are empty. About half the time we fill up the 400lb bag and strap it on the swim deck. With that bag filled it makes the wave taller with a lot more push. Smaller less aggressive riders don't really like it. They say it pushes them into the boat too much.