• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake surfing behind 210 FSH

CDubya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone have any input/experience setting up the 210 FSH for surfing?
Is it worth spending the money on the thrust vector wake, ballast bags, Wake booster etc. or am I just going to be frustrated in the end without a real surf-able wake?
I’m new to this forum and new to jet boats.
Just ordered a 210 FSH and I’m hoping to set it up to do some leisurely surfing with the family between fishing and tubing times.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@orexismd has been n surfing his since last year. He shared a post with video of it here.

I just made a post about aiding a 210 here:

Message me if you would like information and a good deal on a board. I'm a dealer and would ver happy to help.

CDubya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@J-RAD thanks, that gives me some confidence. I’ll hit you up when I’m ready for a board

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@J-RAD thanks, that gives me some confidence. I’ll hit you up when I’m ready for a board
You're welcome. For reference, in the video @orexismd's boy is riding on a 2019 Slingshot Coaster XR he picked up from me. Great board!

oakley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Just thinking of purchasing 2020 FSH 210. Looking for a boat that will fish and cruise and do some wake surfing. Are you able to wake surf reasonably well when you use the wake booster and ample ballast bags? Am I just convincing myself so I can get a new fishing boat or will the kids genuinely have some fun with it?

CDubya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 2020 fsh 210 all set up to surf but haven’t had an opportunity to get out and try it yet. We are going to be at the lake all weekend so tomorrow is going to be the day!
I was looking at the wake today while my daughter was driving at 10.5mph, it looked surfable, and I didn’t have ballast bags filled or wake booster Installed because we were just cruising. I’m confident it will be a good wake for Me and the kids. I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Please post pictures or video so others can benefit.

oakley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
thanks for the reply. Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you and what setup you use. Have fun on the water.

oakley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
How was the weekend on the water? Hoping to put a deposit down on the 210FSH tomorrow. No pressure, decided to think of as beginner /intermediate for wake surfing regardless.

CDubya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How was the weekend on the water? Hoping to put a deposit down on the 210FSH tomorrow. No pressure, decided to think of as beginner /intermediate for wake surfing regardless.

CDubya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here’s a link to
Please post pictures or video so others can benefit.
Here’s a link to me surfing behind my 2020 FSH sport. I had 5 adults and 3 kids in the boat with a 650lb fat sac on the port side of the upper swim deck along with a live well full of water. Also had the wake booster on.
I look very off balance due partly to the windy choppy conditions and partly because I don’t like the oversized slingshot board, I prefer my inland surfer... it has nothing to do due with my style and ability🙄