• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake surfing ?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I'm gonna try this tomorrow and for the people that do this is the rope attached to the tower? And does it hit the Bimini top starting out with a 16 ft rope?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
attach it to the tower, on my 230 it does not hit the bimini,
if your surfing left foot forward start with surfer on the left corner of the boat with the board slightly pointed slightly off of 90 degrees so when they start to get up it will start pulling them to the outside of the wake.

also start the pull very slow and steadily increase to 10 mph,

If you surfers are agile at all it shouldn't be a problem, I've pulled up my 9 yr old and a 50 yr old their first time,

VAMDE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

VAMDE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No rope needed :)

skinnersrock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check the watersports thread. Tons of info on wake development, ballast tips etc. Hit me up if you have questions.
we just bought a 2008 Yamaha AR 230 HO-will a new Swell Wake surf Creator H3X plus - we just bought it was hoping it will work/ it’s a new and it’s extends

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
we just bought a 2008 Yamaha AR 230 HO-will a new Swell Wake surf Creator H3X plus - we just bought it was hoping it will work/ it’s a new and it’s extends
Don't take it out of the packaging so you can return it,
Those don't work on jet boats
You need a wedge, booster or thruster and weight on the back corner

skinnersrock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you! I figure that- we’re taking it back