• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Surfing

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@paratrooper39 . I'm guessing about 1100 lbs but spencer at wakemakers can give you a more accurate weight.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@paratrooper39 you will not be able to or need to run as much weight as Bobbie. Bigger boats need more weight. SX210owner and I went ropeless behind a 190 series boat with a 750 lb bag on the surf side seat. That's about all that 190 wanted as well. You have a little advantage being you have a super charger but a disadvantage being that we have 2 pumps.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@bobbie that is a two engine boat, right? What rpm are you running each engine at...is it the same for each engine or do you run the surf side engine lower? Do you have perfect pass?

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With an AR230 I run about 7000 RPM empty and 8000 fully ballasted with 2400lbs. Both engines same RPM. I have a perfect pass. Cam.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With an AR230 I run about 7000 RPM empty and 8000 fully ballasted with 2400lbs. Both engines same RPM. I have a perfect pass. Cam.
@KXCam22 does your wake look like @bobbie 's wake with your set up? Also, did you install perfect pass yourself? I'm thinking of getting it this year as part of the group buy - if it happens.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The perfect pass is easy to install and the instructions are pretty good. I am still tuning my wake. Plan to use an 800 lb on the surf side instead on my 400 lb and store the stuff under the seat somewhere else. Cam.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Scuba_ref sorry..didn't see your question. But each bag is about 1100 lbs. we fill surf side plus always have a 450 bag centered on the swim deck. As far as rpm's...if I recall from the summer we run about 6000. Most of the time the engines run about the same rpm with perfect pass doing all the work.