• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake tower cross beam bending, ballooning.

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Potential new buyer here. I have looked at the pics and cant see what the discussion is centering around, Can someone please help out "newb"?

Thanks

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Potential new buyer here. I have looked at the pics and cant see what the discussion is centering around, Can someone please help out "newb"?

Thanks
The cross beam in the pics should be flat all the way across, it is bulging out in the middle making it look rounded.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My crossmember is actually round in the middle now and the welds cracked.

Attachments

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the clarification. Sorry that you are having issues. I have been a Yamaha guy for a long time now and hate to hear this stuff........:(

Danka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This may be an old thread, but I just noticed one of my tower cross members on my 2010 242 LS has ballooned over the winter, due to ice expanding inside. I guess I’ll be drilling some drain holes!

Attachments

Danka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wanted to share an update, I used 4 clamps and a couple of 2X4’s taped to each side. I spent a half hour tightening the clamps slowly along the ballooned cross member and it’s almost perfect again! I drilled 2 small holes and water drained out for about 3 mins. All is well again!

Attachments