• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Wedge Automation System

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
While it would be an expensive mod, a pair of wake wedges and a pair of these would be freaking awesome. Too bad I don't have $2600 burning a hole in my pocket. So, so cool to see people creating innovative systems for these boats, though.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry I am just getting this video of it out of the water. Been crazy busy traveling for work and this past Friday we finally got the boat in the water for the year.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry I am just getting this video of it out of the water. Been crazy busy traveling for work and this past Friday we finally got the boat in the water for the year.

Great improvement @rocknracing. Now if you could only make that go up and down much faster we could turn our motors off at no wake speeds.:winkingthumbsup"

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

I would like to see the components you are using and the way it is attached to the Wedge. Is it possible to get a video or pictures of the actual system you have put together? Don't worry I'm not looking to steel your idea, I would rather pay my share of the R&D you have already put into it. But I would like to see what it is that I would be purchasing and how it operates.

Pictures of the through hull, the connector, the servo and the way it mounts would be awesome.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Addicted
Here are some more pictures for you. The first is the thru hull connector on the boat, second is the connector for the cable on actuator, and the last one is the upper bracket for the actuator. If you have any other questions let me know. I can get some more pictures of the individual pieces Friday when I get back in town if you would like.

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I noticed you have the COBRA VENOM ULTIMATE steering on the nozzles for control. I would suggest adding the fangs for the power steering effect also.
I would be interested in provide you with a set for testing if you are interested . They are currently sold out but I am being promised more by Monday.
I honestly think you would appreciate the benefit and I would love the feedback.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC I appreciate the offer but I already have the fangs on there as I purchased both the ultimate and fangs from you about a month ago. We tried them for the first time last week and they work like advertised. Hoping to do some more testing this weekend with backing into slip so its easier to load and unload. Is there any advantage to have 2 fangs per side instead of 1 per side?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well that is great news, I did not see the fangs in the picture on the video so I had no idea you were already trying them out in that capacity.
It just dawned on me that this would be a good place for their particular benefits, as for your question about 2 or 4 on a twin engine boat. Hmmm all the testing I did was on a 24 foot boat with Ultimate steering and just 1 fang on the outside of each nozzle, I do have numerous people using 2 fangs on each nozzle however I do not know of anyone who has tested the first setup "1 per nozzle" and then compared the second setup "2 per nozzle" so perhaps you can be the first to try that and I can send you a second pair of fangs to accommodate your test.
My reasoning for only using one per nozzle was that the inner fangs would most likely be shielded at speed by the hull so they would probably not provide any more power steering nor did I think it needed more. I was also targeting a low cost
highly effective upgrade for an even better boating experience .
I would believe that the benefit of the extra fangs would be the slow speed and reverse handling .
So if you
don't mind trying it and provide your feedback comparing the two in this scenario and possibly in the general overall boating experience, I can send you a second set of fangs and some extra bolts to give it a trial for comparison since you have already tried the steering with the fangs on your boat with the first setup. I think it would be rather interesting. Anyone else think it would be worth his trouble to try it and report back?

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would be more than happy to test the additional fangs compared to the 2 I already have on the boat and provide my feedback comparing the two in high speed, slow speed, and reverse. I should also be able to take video with my GoPro of each with only 2 and then with 4 as long as my brother sends it back too me!! Left it at his house in AZ and he has been using it! If not I am sure I could use my phone.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That sounds like a plan can you have him program your address into the drone and send it back to you LOL

One small issue, I don't have a damn set of fangs in stock and I have a waiting list for them but after the calls I made today I expect to have both the regular ones like your using and the new A K style by MONDAY or else!! So that should not really be a problem.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank to Jerry at Gantlin products I received the new design for the lower brackets that uses the stock holes so no need to drill two new holes to move the bracket down to attach the actuator. This will make it easier to switch over to the wake wedge automation.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does the new bracket not hang over (extend beyond) the side of the wedge like the old bracket?
@rocknracing
@jcyamaharider
The bracket I have looks a little ruff hanging over the side.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@dan144k . It still hangs over it just uses the original holes that the wedge comes with. If you like when I get more in I will be glad to send you one. I will get a picture uploaded when I get back in town tomorrow.

I looked all over for a actuator that would allow the bracket not to hang off but couldn't find one that 1. Would hold up and 2. that had the correct travel. I tested one actuator that would have an option for a actuator not to hang off but it broke the first day out. The manufacture of the actuator I use had one but it won't allow the wedge to lower to 90 degrees to allow ladder to come out without having to undo latches on wedge.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@dan144k forgot Jerry texted me a picture of the new bracket.

Attachments

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

So am I seeing this right, in that the hinged side on the WW for the ladder is no longer required since you can put it all the way down and pull the ladder out?

Also, can you put a link here to the product on your site as I could not locate via the search function.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes you can put the wedge all the way down and it will allow you to pull ladder out. One of the features my wife requested when I was designing it.

I haven't had time to get it up on our website yet as I have been extremely busy with helping my dad with his company (Traveling all over the southeast) and mine right now. If you are interested in purchasing please feel free to call or PM and I will be glad to help you. I will be leaving tomorrow morning for KY lake but feel free to call at 314-374-4358. I just wont be able to ship anything out till Tuesday when we get back.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes you can put the wedge all the way down and it will allow you to pull ladder out. One of the features my wife requested when I was designing it.

I haven't had time to get it up on our website yet as I have been extremely busy with helping my dad with his company (Traveling all over the southeast) and mine right now. If you are interested in purchasing please feel free to call or PM and I will be glad to help you. I will be leaving tomorrow morning for KY lake but feel free to call at 314-374-4358. I just wont be able to ship anything out till Tuesday when we get back.
Thanks for the prompt reply. . . . still kicking the tires on this one as I literally just installed the wedge this past weekend and haven't dialed in our ballast yet. One question I have is can the wedge be added/removed from in the water? I ask due to a reference you made in the opening post about the connector being waterproof with the "cap installed". This lead me to infer that you either need the cap on OR the wedge connected with no in between (meaning no in water change.)

Also, do you have the specs for the 1200lb underseat bag you had made? Do you have dual batteries on that side?

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It all depends on where the thru hull fitting is located. Where we put it on our boat it is above the water line so yes I can put it on or take it off in the water.

As far as the specs on the bag when I get back into the office on Tuesday I can send it too you. I have dual batteries on that side but moved them. I have attached a couple pictures of how I moved the batteries.

Attachments

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It all depends on where the thru hull fitting is located. Where we put it on our boat it is above the water line so yes I can put it on or take it off in the water.

As far as the specs on the bag when I get back into the office on Tuesday I can send it too you. I have dual batteries on that side but moved them. I have attached a couple pictures of how I moved the batteries.
Perfect, thanks. . . . . This is exactly how I was considering mounting my batteries. I contemplated the sliding tray. . . . but since the rest of the space is going to be uses for ballast I figured why not leave the batteries up front since an empty bag would be easier to move in and out.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
With the custom bag at 1200lbs and the batteries around 130lbs that put about 1330 under the port rear seat which should work out well so I don't have to put any bags on seat as I have people ballast then! Been so busy with work this year I haven't gotten to surf to try it out but hoping I don't have to put anything on rear swim deck like last year. I will find out this weekend.
I use to have a 400lbs under the seat and 750 on top then 400 on swim deck so this will be a little less but with people it will be more and then people won't have to sit on bag