• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Wedge / safety rope

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider @ar240owner and others

What are you using as a safety harness so you don't drop the Wedge in the water during installation? Last summer was my first summer with it, and I just made sure to be extra super careful during install, but I can totally see that thing sinking to the bottom pretty darn fast if a hand slips during install.

What works best? Length of rope with a couple carabiner clips, one attached to the swim deck boarding handle and the other clipped on the threaded bracket (that you adjust to change the angle of the wedge) (whatever that thing is called)? Do you leave it attached while it is installed? Or, take it off after install is complete? Does it get in the way of the pumps or anything, or flop around too much?

I put mine on at the ramp and take it off at the ramp. I have heard of customers doing what you are talking about but I personally do not.

I do that^^^, too.
I don't like anything bouncing around loose or floating around the corner with the wedge.
Besides, once you finagle that delicate Yamaha wake surface you won't want to ruin it, lol.
:cool:

--

This might make more sense this year, now that 3 of us are surfing. Kids always complain about the wedge being in the way when we stop for swim breaks. Maybe they’ll be more tolerant this year. Our boat sits enough taller in the water that we have to put the ladder down every time to get back in the boat. (Unless we’re ballasted up and surfing). And, for some reason I’m the only one that can get the flap clamped back up. The others can’t manage the rubber pull tabs.

I always put it on while in the water. It can be a challenge especially if the boat is already ballasted. Generally I move everyone to the bow to get the stern as high as possible and stay very focused. I dropped a pin several years ago that ruined our surfing that day. Now I just carry spares. (Note that the Wake Wedge's today have a safety lanyard that secures the pins)

This might make more sense this year, now that 3 of us are surfing. Kids always complain about the wedge being in the way when we stop for swim breaks. Maybe they’ll be more tolerant this year. Our boat sits enough taller in the water that we have to put the ladder down every time to get back in the boat. (Unless we’re ballasted up and surfing). And, for some reason I’m the only one that can get the flap clamped back up. The others can’t manage the rubber pull tabs.
That's right, I forgot about the platform being way up in the 230s. Also the new hulls have a bow ladder. BUT - I think the 230 hulls probably make a better wave, still!

--

I've got a 210, but yeah the deck is a good 6" at least off the water. The wave looks real good, but I'm finding myself wishing I had the 1.8s over the MR1's. I just feel like I'm struggling to get up to speed at 10.5 to 11. I'm running 800lbs under the seat, and another 800 on top of the seat.

My swimdeck is shaped such that we don't have a custom deck bag, yet. It's an extremely shallow step, and completely curved rather than straight across.

IMG_3425.JPG

Just the 3yr and 6yr old and myself in the cabin and I have to move the 12yr old to the bow to get to 11mph, and wife in the water. Course, I'm 350lbs, so the 3 of us could be the same as 450lbs of crew in the cabin. Maybe I should go lighter on the bag under the seat? Any lighter on top of the seat, and that bag will flop all over instead of staying put. With all my weight on the driver's side, I feel like I need the weight on the opposite side to maintain the list.

Back