• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake wedge

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When we were prototyping the Wake Wedge any length less then what ended up with concerning the flap didn't push the water over far enough to clean up the wake. I have also thought about doing this but I didn't really see a benefit. At wake boarding speed the wedges do not hit the jet blast to knock it down. Switch across the wake is out because your boat would have to switch listed sides quickly. On another thread we are currently prototyping a universal wedge that can be flipped easily. I am waiting on the machine shop to build my parts so myself and @ar240owner can stress test before we release to the public. Currently you could have one flap parallel and the other in surf position to have them both mounted, and then just flip flop for the other rider.

One piece wedge design we do not do anymore. Not enough interest to justify getting a bulk amount made.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When we were prototyping the Wake Wedge any length less then what ended up with concerning the flap didn't push the water over far enough to clean up the wake. I have also thought about doing this but I didn't really see a benefit. At wake boarding speed the wedges do not hit the jet blast to knock it down. Switch across the wake is out because your boat would have to switch listed sides quickly. On another thread we are currently prototyping a universal wedge that can be flipped easily. I am waiting on the machine shop to build my parts so myself and @ar240owner can stress test before we release to the public. Currently you could have one flap parallel and the other in surf position to have them both mounted, and then just flip flop for the other rider.

One piece wedge design we do not do anymore. Not enough interest to justify getting a bulk amount made.
We have two wedges and don't see the benefit in having them both mounted (1 up and 1 down on surfside). The biggest PITA is switching ballast over. While doing that it's a good time to just take off a wedge and put on the one for the other side.

alphakg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We have two wedges and don't see the benefit in having them both mounted (1 up and 1 down on surfside). The biggest PITA is switching ballast over. While doing that it's a good time to just take off a wedge and put on the one for the other side.
Ok, thank you both @scokill and @jcyamaharider for the info. That is super helpful. I am happy to know that you tried different lengths and had at least a similar thought to mine ;)

I am hoping to see the new universal wedge you are making soon! Very excited about that. Having one less thing to store on the boat is a huge plus for me, because a lot of the time I have 8-10 people in the boat and everyone thinks they need to bring a bag with them :)