• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboard Tower Rack

Charliemck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What size adaptor do I order from Monster Tower for a 2020 195S?

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The front and rear tower tubes are different sizes on my 2019. If you're not sure which you want to put it on you make just pick up the insert pack. My dealer included the full insert pack with my rack when I purchased it.

Charliemck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Want to install it on the rear smaller tube.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Searching for advice on a rack to fit my 2020 195s also. Hope to find someone who has added one and everything still fits into their 83" garage without removing the rack from the tower.. As it is, I have adjusted the tower cable so the tower sets about 1mm above the windshield when down to fit in the garage. We have waterski's, wakeboard, and a surfboard to mount in the rack.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the Monster surf/wakeboard combo its quick release. One latch releases it so I can get it into the garage. I also have the single surf board Reborn surf rack and it works with the swivel mount.

Attachments

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have the Monster surf/wakeboard combo its quick release. One latch releases it so I can get it into the garage. I also have the single surf board Reborn surf rack and it works with the swivel mount.
Thank you so much for sharing ! I’ll search for the same

thompson521dc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the Monster surf/wakeboard combo its quick release. One latch releases it so I can get it into the garage. I also have the single surf board Reborn surf rack and it works with the swivel mount
I’m glad you posted this. You have done several things I’ve been looking into. I’ve got the zup,and have been looking at that reborn rack. Any concerns with quality? I also have that same surf board, how does it fit in the larger surf opening? They all seem too big for that board. I’ve also been looking at mounting a rack on the front bar. does that still work out ok with the swivel?

thanks.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the Reborn rack as well and the Zup fits great. The quality is fine. Very solid piece.

thompson521dc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the Reborn rack as well and the Zup fits great. The quality is fine. Very solid piece.
Glad to hear it.
I,ve also been looking at a factory 242rack, hoping it will work on front tube (I’ve got a 2020 ar195. 1 7/8 rear, 2 3/8 front). Anybody know if that would work?

hapyfishrmn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am going to give Krypt rack a chance. Should be coming on tomorrow. Their surf measurements should fit a ZUP board no problem

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m glad you posted this. You have done several things I’ve been looking into. I’ve got the zup,and have been looking at that reborn rack. Any concerns with quality? I also have that same surf board, how does it fit in the larger surf opening? They all seem too big for that board. I’ve also been looking at mounting a rack on the front bar. does that still work out ok with the swivel?

thanks.
No concerns with either rack on quality. On second season with Monster. Only a few months in on the Reborn bit so far its been nice. I've actually flipped the boards in the racks and have been keeping the Zup in the Monster and the Coaster in the Reborn. Both hold them fine. Have not had any issues.

Both racks are mounted to the front bar. With the reborn I don't have much other vmchoice due to height with the tower down. Its positioned to hold board when swiveled out. The angle is wrong if you want to have the board in it and swivel it in with it in this position. That did not matter to me as it sits tight up against the tower and hasn't really interfered with being tied up so far.

thompson521dc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve been looking at the rack made for the 242. One of the gaps is larger (For a surfboard). Will that fit on the front tube of my AR195 tower. Best I can tell, the tower diameter is the only thing that makes that rack specific to the 242?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok so i cheaped out... decided to get the Tengchang aluminum Wakeboard racks. $145 for the 2 of them... MISTAKE. the quality or lack of was terrible. Used 4 times and the mounting screws stripped right out of one side and the rack banged up against my tower. nice scar.... stay away from those, trying to get a refund now. paying the price now will go back with the reccomended monster with quick release and the reborn rack that @white2kstang reccomended. THe tower on the 2020 195s is slightly different in the way its built with supports so will likely mount in a different spot.
Live and learn..

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Ok so i cheaped out... decided to get the Tengchang aluminum Wakeboard racks. $145 for the 2 of them... MISTAKE. the quality or lack of was terrible. Used 4 times and the mounting screws stripped right out of one side and the rack banged up against my tower. nice scar.... stay away from those, trying to get a refund now. paying the price now will go back with the reccomended monster with quick release and the reborn rack that @white2kstang reccomended. THe tower on the 2020 195s is slightly different in the way its built with supports so will likely mount in a different spot.
Live and learn..
what size are you getting? think i read on here 2" would be ok. or going with the uinversal adapter?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Go grab a reborn with universal adapter and it comes with about 8 or so rubber inserts. For the price they are well built, solid and at a great price.

thompson521dc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ended up getting the monster wake/surf rack with swivel. The 1 7/8” collar that came with the swivel is too small. I tightened it on my tower and it left small gouges in the powder coating. I mounted the swivel too high (board would hit bimini when swiveled in). Once I realized this I wasn’t going to relocate and re-gouge. I did however remove the swivel and put the rack on the mount without the swivel. It’s perfect where it’s at without the swivel and I don’t really mind not having it. So for now I’ve got a rack that works great and the gouges are hidden. That said, is there a way I can touch up that powder coating? I have a 2020 AR195 with the blue tower.

thompson521dc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As to the gouges I mentioned above, anybody have any advise on touching up my wakeboard tower?

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No concerns with either rack on quality. On second season with Monster. Only a few months in on the Reborn bit so far its been nice. I've actually flipped the boards in the racks and have been keeping the Zup in the Monster and the Coaster in the Reborn. Both hold them fine. Have not had any issues.

Both racks are mounted to the front bar. With the reborn I don't have much other vmchoice due to height with the tower down. Its positioned to hold board when swiveled out. The angle is wrong if you want to have the board in it and swivel it in with it in this position. That did not matter to me as it sits tight up against the tower and hasn't really interfered with being tied up so far.
Which model Reborn rack did you go with? I was hoping to find something that would hold a wakeboard and a surf board. I have a 2021 195S.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Which model Reborn rack did you go with? I was hoping to find something that would hold a wakeboard and a surf board. I have a 2021 195S.
Monster Surf/Wake combo I did not get the swivel for this one.

Reborn surf rack. I did upgrade to the swivel in this one:

Attachments

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Monster Surf/Wake combo I did not get the swivel for this one.

Reborn surf rack. I did upgrade to the swivel in this one:
I was looking at the reborn rack a couple days ago.