• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboarding for the first time

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You are more then welcome to come up to the labor day sandbar camping outing....2 1/2 days of surfing, wakeboarding, wakeskating, tubing, sandbar actions and loud tunes!!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now that sounds like a good time! I have a wakeskate. I haven't got the courage to try it yet though. I figure I need more than a week's time learning the wakeboard before I try the wakeskate.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Another young man here who learned to wakeboard this year at 40. The kids think I am cool now. Got up first time and I think the key was a very experience tow driver (skiing and wakeboard, not just tubing). He taught me how to stay balled up etc. now....getting outside the wake etc was a different deal that took a couple tries, but I am catching air now...
Keeps you young....and gives great motivation for staying in shape. I want to be the dad who can keep up and participate...

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome deal! Got any pictures or video @Gumbeaux ?

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will tell you that I did not start wake boarding till I was 53. Going on 60 now and still enjoy it. Keep in mind, I get up and I ride with an occasional switch and very small jumps. I am just too damn old to be making those hard falls. Already had too many face plants on the board. If I can still do it at 70, I will set a new goal. The thing is, the more you do it, the more you enjoy it, the more you want to do it. Stay young.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You're doing great @Boat Crazy ! I hope to make it to 53!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I will tell you that I did not start wake boarding till I was 53. Going on 60 now and still enjoy it. Keep in mind, I get up and I ride with an occasional switch and very small jumps. I am just too damn old to be making those hard falls. Already had too many face plants on the board. If I can still do it at 70, I will set a new goal. The thing is, the more you do it, the more you enjoy it, the more you want to do it. Stay young.

Gary shows me up every time we go out on his boat wakeboarding. I love the fact that he is still tearing up the water and getting to spend it with a good friend is even better!!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is awesome guys! We all need to keep going!

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's awesome Travis! I got up on my new Ronix wakeboard last weekend also! I've got video, but cant figure out YouTube to post it o_O Some day when I have the time to figure it out, perhaps I'll be able to post a video.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great job Cheryl! I am sure you thoroughly enjoyed it!

I had to figure out YouTube also. It wasn't too bad. I just created a username and password. Then, you click upload, and it basically does the rest for you.

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Travis! I'm going to try that.
Yeah, it was sooooo much fun!! But, being the old lady that I am now, it's taken me a week to recoup, I could hardly move on Monday..LOL! I'm goin' back out on Sunday!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great job Travis.

All of you are keeping me inspired. I don't know how long I've been wakeboarding now. Do you start counting when you start trying or when you actually get up? it took me two seasons to get up for the first time (no experienced people to learn from and pre you tube). When i finally did it was for less than a minute after 9 attempts over an hour in (sometimes under) the water. I slept/mid afternoon napped for 4 hours after that.

Last weekend I showed 3 20 something's how it's done but none of them got up. I was feeling cocky until a real wakeboarder showed up (doing wake to wake jumps and such).

My wife and I were talking about when we would stop trailer boating and all the activities that go with it, she is thinking 50 (5 years out) but with boat crazy going strong at 60 I'm questioning her logic.

Last edited:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks, Ronnie. You guys keep it up!