• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakebooster and Thrust Vectors

4iflunder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good afternoon y'all,

I just had a quick question. I purchased thrust vectors and have the Wakebooster for my AR195. The thrust vectors are not installed yet. I was looking to install them but then realized the Wakebooster may not function with the TVs. Has anyone tried the two together? I don't want to go through the install if the wakebooster isn't going to function.

Thanks

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good afternoon y'all,

I just had a quick question. I purchased thrust vectors and have the Wakebooster for my AR195. The thrust vectors are not installed yet. I was looking to install them but then realized the Wakebooster may not function with the TVs. Has anyone tried the two together? I don't want to go through the install if the wakebooster isn't going to function.

Thanks
They will both function together no problem. Two totally different systems

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Have both installed and they work perfectly well together.

mbarnhart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good afternoon y'all,

Thanks
Do they sell the thrust vectors for models newer than 2018? I have a 2019 AR210 but didn't think they worked with newer models. I have been wanting to buy them if they do.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Do they sell the thrust vectors for models newer than 2018? I have a 2019 AR210 but didn't think they worked with newer models. I have been wanting to buy them if they do.
I believe it’s the lateral thrusters that are no longer used in 2019 and up models. Thrust vectors are still viable.

mbarnhart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe it’s the lateral thrusters that are no longer used in 2019 and up models. Thrust vectors are still viable.
That's good to know. Thank you!

mbarnhart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have both installed and they work perfectly well together.
Have you tried using one without the other? Did it make a big difference having both TVW and Wakebooster installed together?

OldFireGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
They will both function together no problem. Two totally different systems
Ok everyone I need some help and your opinions! I am a new jet boat owner.....2021 AR195. Now I knew low speed steering has always been horrible on these boats but having owned boats previously.....I didn't know it was this bad. To my point.....I plan to buy a Thrust Vector product and I am not sure which one. Improving steering is my priority but calming the splash would be nice and I definitely want to eventually surf. I have considered the Thrust Vector Wake but looks like you cannot use the Yamaha Wake Booster with that and I intend to eventually do that. I can deal with the splash....I think. What is the best product out there for steering improvement and still allowing me to Wake Board, Surf, and ski? Thanks

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On a 19’ boat, TV Wake works fine together with the Wakebooster. I have that setup on my 2019. It also helps to cut the jet spray when tubing.

If you’re concerned about the combo then get the Cobra system, many people are happy with it too.

OldFireGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
On a 19’ boat, TV Wake works fine together with the Wakebooster. I have that setup on my 2019. It also helps to cut the jet spray when tubing.

If you’re concerned about the combo then get the Cobra system, many people are happy with it too.
I am ok with that but I saw a warning on the Thrust Vector site about that:
NOTE: DO NOT USE THE YAMAHA WAKE BOOSTER COMBINED WITH THE JETWASH DEFLECTOR- THIS COMBINATION CAN CAUSE JETWASH DEFLECTOR PART FAILURE WHICH WILL NOT BE WARRANTIED.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That notice is about the Jetwash Deflector for use on the 24’ boats. It doesn’t apply to the 19’ boats sine they don’t use that part.

The Jetwash Deflector is an extra part that attaches onto the ladder of a 24’ and can further shape the wave, in combination with the main TVW.

OldFireGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Ahhhh gotcha! Thank you so much. Are you pleased with yours? Does it help the low speed steering a lot?

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes. The TVW product greatly increases low-speed steering. Cobra would likewise do the same, both add enough rudder surface area to help maneuver the boat. For reference, to get into my very tight dock space, I have to bring the boat in and then spin 180 degrees in place to fit around other obstacles. I doubt I could do it confidently without steering fins.

In my use case, we do a lot of tubing with the kids and the TVW really drops the jet wash to about 40-50' behind the boat. I use a standard 60' tow rope from the tower and the kids have a pretty dry ride on the tube at 20mph. Same for other towed water sports, it does effectively cut down the jet wash. In combination with the Wakebooster, I am happy with the surf wake (for a 19' yamaha, at least), although I have found that I need more ballast than the basic 2x 200lb cubes that Yamaha provides in the kit.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yes. The TVW product greatly increases low-speed steering. Cobra would likewise do the same, both add enough rudder surface area to help maneuver the boat. For reference, to get into my very tight dock space, I have to bring the boat in and then spin 180 degrees in place to fit around other obstacles. I doubt I could do it confidently without steering fins.

In my use case, we do a lot of tubing with the kids and the TVW really drops the jet wash to about 40-50' behind the boat. I use a standard 60' tow rope from the tower and the kids have a pretty dry ride on the tube at 20mph. Same for other towed water sports, it does effectively cut down the jet wash. In combination with the Wakebooster, I am happy with the surf wake (for a 19' yamaha, at least), although I have found that I need more ballast than the basic 2x 200lb cubes that Yamaha provides in the kit.
Those cubes are idiotic - 400lbs of ballast to wake surf behind a jet boat - come on Yamaha!

OldFireGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Those cubes are idiotic - 400lbs of ballast to wake surf behind a jet boat - come on Yamaha!
I really appreciate your time and effort to help me out. Waiting for a call from Will to be sure the TVW will fit my 2021. Regarding the booster......I might just buy the booster alone and not the "kit" and add the fatsac product. Thoughts?

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Unless I'm mistaken I don't believe the booster is separately available. But even if it is (possibly as a replacement part?) I doubt you'll save much money after you also buy the pump and such. The included storage bag for the booster is also nice to have. My current plan is to use the 200lb cubes together with the Gantlin custom transom bag. The cubes will augment the custom bag as needed, probably one in the bow and possibly one on the rear deck or rear seat - will take some trial and error to determine.

I'm using the Slingshot Coaster 5'3" board and it is working well for the Yamaha wake. I got it from @J-RAD Transom Watersports and highly recommend it (and his company!). I also bought an O'Brien Pro surf rope from him that's great too.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I really appreciate your time and effort to help me out. Waiting for a call from Will to be sure the TVW will fit my 2021. Regarding the booster......I might just buy the booster alone and not the "kit" and add the fatsac product. Thoughts?
That's what I did. Buy the coaster board from @J-RAD and then just the booster from your dealership or web. Go to Wakemakers.com and buy the transom bag and the at least another 500lb bag for your deck. Sink.the.boat!

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you want the custom transom bag, I highly recommend you get it through Gantlin @jcyamaharider to support an active member here. Aside from that he can actually get you product, I ordered last week and had it at my door within a few days.

OldFireGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
That's what I did. Buy the coaster board from @J-RAD and then just the booster from your dealership or web. Go to Wakemakers.com and buy the transom bag and the at least another 500lb bag for your deck. Sink.the.boat!
Literally just spoke to Will at jetboatpilot.......he emphasized strongly that my single engine AR195 won't really benefit with the Yamaha wake booster. He assured me that with the Thrust Vector Wake and the right ballast I can achieve just as good of a wake to ride. I have ordered the TVW and will start there. These boards are an incredible resource! Thank you so much everyone