• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakefoil discussion

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Total Newbie question.... My 2020 slingshot WT2 is convertible from wakesurf to wakefoil. It has a slot for two fins (not four). Can I just leave the fins in? Would it hurt my wake foil abilities/experience to have those outside fins in? They'd only make contact before lift off.
We can surf ours also, but it isn't a great wake surf board. We have our slingshot Cobra cat XR for that ( and many others...lol)

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Total Newbie question.... My 2020 slingshot WT2 is convertible from wakesurf to wakefoil. It has a slot for two fins (not four). Can I just leave the fins in? Would it hurt my wake foil abilities/experience to have those outside fins in? They'd only make contact before lift off.
I’ve got the same board and I’ve never tried it without the foil since I have no ballast. The fins just sit in my glove box.
Like you said they’re out of the water right away so it probably doesn’t matter what you do with them.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree it won't make much difference if they're in our out. However, the FCSII fins just snap in and out with no set screws required so it's no chore to remove or install them. The hard part is remembering where you put them.

Last edited:

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am having troubles with my foil weighing more and my rack likes to swivel forward in the tower through the day. Anyone else having this problem and has anyone else solved it?

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Starts the day like the first pics and ends like the second....20210516_094247.jpg20210516_094238.jpg