• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakesurf with stock boat?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Bnsknnr I have used a Wake Wedge on my boat for years. It absolutely makes a difference. The newer 212X you have will also benefit from one. Yamaha has not done anything to make them surf better yet.

Sebastian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Somehow just got started looking into surfing behind my AR190 again.
Came across the Yamaha Wake Booster and somehow landed here again ;)

What kind of bag or dimensions is the ski locker bag? Is the ski locker smaller on a AR190 compared to a 212 or 242?
I'd like to put one into my ski locker, also for wakeboarding.
And then get the custom swim platform bag.

So, ideally, both should work with the same pump.

Sebastian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody with a suggestion for ski locker bag?
Will go to the Detroit Boat show today and will compare sizes of ski lockers of the 190 vs 210 and 240

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You don't need to go ropeless to have fun. I have fun in an ar230 with no ballast. No issues tubing either. Wakeboarding is allways more fun as long as the water is calm. The only time i would surf is if the water is rough or I'm tired and lazy.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Sebastian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I measured at the boat show and the 190 does have a smaller ski locker compared to the bigger ones. Around 1 inch narrower and quite a bit shorter.
One of those long sacks should still fit, will not be able to fill complete, but at least 3/4 I would guess