• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Walkthrough WindBreaker

Would you use this product?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

stevedj70

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We tried out the windbreaker today. Very nice quality. It installed very easily and all of the snaps lined up correctly. It almost completely cut off wind coming from the bow. We cruised with it installed for a while at 32 mph with no issues. Just to test it out, I slowly increased speed. The snaps came loose at 38 mph. When it came loose, the entire ski locker carpet came unsnapped and was flapping around.

Overall a very nice piece to have if you keep it under 35 mph. I do think putting a cooler or something on the ski locker carpet pushed against the windbreaker would allow higher speeds.
Thank you for giving the feedback. I rate it for speeds up to 30mph for that reason because it will come off at higher speeds. Thank you for buying one!

Phreddei

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Chilly day on Ossipee Lake NH today. First time on using windbreaker. Like it ! The wife loves it ! Priceless .

stevedj70

Jet Boat Lover
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Chilly day on Ossipee Lake NH today. First time on using windbreaker. Like it ! The wife loves it ! Priceless .
Glad you liked it! It was my girlfriends idea to make it.. she gets cold easily!

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm lucky enough to have the fold out blocker from the hatch area, but another option that works great is to throw the boat cover in that hole. Been doing that since the 90s on lots of boats. It's nearly always the perfect size.