• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wanted a boat my whole life.... then bang!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
1st and foremost to the people that post and reply to this forum... thank you so much for your input and advice on everything! I'm serious, if it wasn't for you all I might have bought another boat or nothing at all. I've wanted a boat my whole life and found this forum last year and wanted a yamaha ever since! So thank you...

So 1st time boat owner (195s ) and loving it! Picked it up Thursday and went out all holiday weekend! Just couldn't resist even though all the experts said not too.. and it went great. Definitely not a pro but it was successful and also stressful. I knew owning a boat would be some work, but damn 1st weekend and this heat got me questioning. Super stoked going forward, as we got the cobra steering coming and haven't installed the guide poles yet.

Any advice on stuff to have on a single engine would really be appreciated.

Cheers to all!

Attachments

• 20200707_202847.jpg
    20200707_202847.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 60
  • 20200704_163448.jpg
    20200704_163448.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 67
:Welcome:

1st and foremost to the people that post and reply to this forum... thank you so much for your input and advice on everything! I'm serious, if it wasn't for you all I might have bought another boat or nothing at all. I've wanted a boat my whole life and found this forum last year and wanted a yamaha ever since! So thank you...

So 1st time boat owner (195s ) and loving it! Picked it up Thursday and went out all holiday weekend! Just couldn't resist even though all the experts said not too.. and it went great. Definitely not a pro but it was successful and also stressful. I knew owning a boat would be some work, but damn 1st weekend and this heat got me questioning. Super stoked going forward, as we got the cobra steering coming and haven't installed the guide poles yet.

Cheers to all!
Awesome boat. Nice choice and congrats

This applies to all: Stoltz Roller for sure! On board battery tender, lithium ion jumper, first aid kit, shore spikes are handy. Not really upgrades just nice items to have. Maybe a knife or box cutter in case you suck a rope up and get some extra keys just in case. Boat buckles, looks like you might have those but can’t tell in the pic and just noticed you have a Stoltz! Get radials on trailer and lose the stock tires.

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome to the club/cult. After a breaking your self in over a three day weekend you probably already know the following but just in case,
1. Have at least two lines 25’ to 30’ long for launching, recovering and docking.
2. Have at least four fenders with the correct length line for the clear they will be on (two for each side unless you know what side of Ramp you will be tying up to before you launch or retrieve your boat).
3. Practice reversing your boat and trailer in an open parking lot.

:Welcome::Welcome:

Congratulations!

These are my most useful items for my 2020 SX 190:

Stoltz Roller (fits your 195s): 3.5 inch Stoltz Bow Roller with Bells for Yamaha Jet Boat- S

Day 1 upgrade.

Stern anchor and towing line: Amazon.com : Rainier Supply Co Double Braided Nylon Anchor Rope - 50' x 3/8" Anchor Line/Boat Anchor Rope with 316SS Thimble and Heavy Duty Marine Grade Snap Hook - Boat Accessories, Black : Sports & Outdoors

I have two of these for our stern anchor, shore spike, and towing disabled boats and jet skis. I didn't think I would have to tow anyone, but came in so handy last weekend when I had to tow a sunken jet ski. Easy clip on and off.

Shore Spike: Shore Spike — Slide Anchor

This thing is awesome in shallow water at the local sand bar and I use the carabiner to clip on. I've had two boats hooked up at once and it never moved.

Docking bungees: Amazon.com: Greenfield SNS-B Stretch n' Slide Rafting Line: Automotive

So quick and easy. Buy two.

Bumpers: Amazon.com : MISSION Boat Gear Sentry Boat Dock Fender Bumper (Almost Black) : Sports & Outdoors

Hard to find a good bumper that protects the unique shape of our boats. This one adjusts easily to different height docks and boats.

Spare Tire Mount: Amazon.com: Extreme Max 3001.0064 High-Mount Spare Tire Carrier: Automotive

Spare Tire (fits your 195s): Amazon.com: Trailer Tire On Rim ST215/75D14 14 in. Load C 5 Lug Silver Modular Wheel: Automotive

Welcome! Glad to have you here and glad you found yourself the perfect boat!

Congrats on the boat.

Congrats and welcome that boat is a beauty enjoy

Congrats on the purchase and welcome!

Cheers to all!
Love to see more from Dayton! Where is home water?

Nice boat, congrats! Get yourself a JetBoater.net key float for starters!

Also a jetboaters.net spare tire cover if you have a spare! Maybe some stickers as well!

Welcome! i'm in the same "Boat" as you....ive been on the fence for years...my boys are getting older and its time to start making some memories. I'm currently absorbing as much as i can on this forum and have had some great guidance from several members here....truly a great community.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Definitely good advice on the items I'm lacking ie...mission fenders, boat buckles, different tires, and another anchor. Went to Brookville Lake last Friday, Eastwood Saturday just to mess around, and Caesars Creek on Sunday. Heading back to Brookville Lake tomorrow with the cobra steering just installed this evening.

The recommendation for the Stoltz Roller above... wondering if that fits better or what the reasoning is? I was going to post a photo of my boat on trailer and see if anyone had suggestions for a roller that worked better since the original seems to be putting marks in the boat and just generally not right? Either not shaped correctly or placed properly? I see there are adjustments on the trailer, anyone have theirs positioned differently? Any thoughts?
ACB13E77-8749-4670-93ED-94743AE0D90E.jpeg09DB397A-B391-406F-90F9-AA19C289F8DC.jpeg

Get the Stoltz Roller as soon as you can and get rid the yellow one. They are junk.

Yes it looks correct. Some keep the stock roller, a lot more member here replace it with the Stoltz roller. Some use big bells and some use smaller bells. There is another thread on it that is active right now. I like the fit of the smaller Bells.

I believe you would need the 4 inch. It is linked in this thread for your review.

Back