• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Warning sticker removal

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Removed a bunch of #warning_stickers today. Much has been written about using heat to remove these. I used a slightly different method.

I used my thumbnail to start a corner. Then I peeled he sticker off. Some adhesive remained, so I used some tar and asphalt remover on it. Let it sit for a second, then rubbed with a rag until it was all off. Then used regular cleaner (to make sure no residue was remaining) and cleaned it up nicely.

Results:

Last edited:

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is one of my Spring projects and I was planning to use the heat gun method. Sounds loike this is a good backup plan. Hoping to pull the boat out of storage this week. There hasn't been much incentive as since it stopped snowing it has done nothing but rain.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am definitely going to use this method. . . . It's the same method I've used in the past for other applications. I think I have a good chance of minimal residue since the stickers are still practically new.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All of mine came off pretty easy with a little picking at the corners to get it started and peeling slowly. After it just took GooGone and elbow grease... Looks sooooo nice without all the sitickers.

Sacamano

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If the stickers are in the sun they peel even easier.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I used a hair dryer and all of it came off including the adhesive.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep , just like Jim, I used a hair dryer and super easy to come off with no adhesive left behind.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This stuff is amazing...swear by it!300.jpg

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
X2

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
[QUOTE="Billtex2000, post: 61435, member: 1171"]This stuff is amazing...swear by it!View attachment 12307[/QUOTE]
According to Miss Barbie .. "X10000 !"

If ya ain't tried this (for virtually everything !) then you're really missing out. Have FUN - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA