• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Warranty Delays Supply Chain?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We are waiting on a passenger captain's chair for our 21 195s. It had a slit in it at delivery. Situation is complicated by the fact we bought out of state. The original dealer said that the local dealer will take care of it. We called the closest dealer to us at the time said they wouldn't handle it. We called the next closest dealer (where we had our original deposit but got canceled) said they would work with us. This was in May 21, thought maybe by end of September it would be replaced. We unexpected moved (job opportunity) on 9/29 and now a third dealer is working on it.

Is this a supply chain issue, should I call Yamaha Corporate?

Attachments

• 195s Passenger Seat Warranty.jpg
    195s Passenger Seat Warranty.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
There has been an ongoing polymer shortage since early 2021 which affects nearly everything pvc and molded plastics related. Vinyl record manufacturing, building products from vinyl siding to plumbing materials, and windows, have seen material shortages, and high price increases. The current administration’s decision to shut down pipelines and plans for future pipelines, had an immediate impact on the supply chain, and pricing of raw materials in the petroleum based products industry. After Biden’s announcement of stopping the pipelines, in my industry (window and door manufacturing), speculation of future shortages caused an immediate buying frenzy of vinyl materials needed for the production of building materials for the housing industry. Auto, and boat manufacturing companies are also competing for the same materials. This is a much bigger problem than just covid related shortages. We went from being close to becoming a petroleum independent country, to heading toward being much more dependent on other countries for petroleum, and related raw materials, with the swipe of a pen. Not to mention, from $50.00 for half a tank to fill my boat, to $87.50.

Last edited:
There has been an ongoing polymer shortage since early 2021 which affects nearly everything pvc and molded plastics related. Vinyl record manufacturing, building products from vinyl siding to plumbing materials, and windows, have seen material shortages, and high price increases. The current administration’s decision to shut down pipelines and plans for future pipelines, had an immediate impact on the supply chain, and pricing of raw materials in the petroleum based products industry. After Biden’s announcement of stopping the pipelines, in my industry (window and door manufacturing), speculation of future shortages caused an immediate buying frenzy of vinyl materials needed for the production of building materials for the housing industry. Auto, and boat manufacturing companies are also competing for the same materials. This is a much bigger problem than just covid related shortages. We went from being close to becoming a petroleum independent country, to heading toward being much more dependent on other countries for petroleum, and related raw materials, with the swipe of a pen. Not to mention, from $50.00 for half a tank to fill my boat, to $87.50.
I have a friend who lives on Hartwell.

I would call the dealer and ask them to look up the status of the order. If it’s in stock they can tell you as well as when it’s shipped. If it’s back ordered you are at the mercy of the supply gods. I was waiting on 14 parts to rebuild a pump after my driveshaft snapped in the pump, boat was a year old with 60 hours on it. (Manufacturing defect in the metal). That happened in April of 21. I didn’t get the boat back until the last week of July 21. I called corporate in June, they basically told me “there is nothing we can do, better luck next time” and it took about a hour on hold to speak with someone.

Unfortunately when you switched dealers they probably canceled the order, and when you got a new dealer it went to the bottom of the wait list.

This should be dealt by the selling dealer ... it's not a warranty issue, it's a delivery issue. Do you have anything in writing? Get your selling dealer to order it and you pay the shipping?

This should be dealt by the selling dealer ... it's not a warranty issue, it's a delivery issue. Do you have anything in writing? Get your selling dealer to order it and you pay the shipping?
Yes, I have the dealer's delivery check list.

Spoke to Yamaha Motors U. S. today about allowing a local marine upholstery shop, make the repair and have Yamaha pay the bill was told it was possible. The shop has the exact color/fabric. Emailed the local dealer the estimate from the local shop as directed by Yamaha to the dealer as everything has to go through the dealer and normal warranty process.

Wish me luck.

Just received a call from the local dealer. They spoke to Yamaha late yesterday and, Yamaha has authorized the repair. Will drop off the seat this morning.

So, it gets even better. Was out with the wife at the mall so she could practice the back the boat. Only the second time she has driven the new truck. Got a call that we let go to voice mail. About an hour later listened to the message. It was the deal in VA we now lie in GA letting us know they have a sit and letting us know we could bring the boat by anytime.
Dropped the seat off for repair about 11:00, was told 2-3 weeks. VA dealer calls around 1:00. I call all parties tell them to hold everything so we can see if VA dealer will ship To GA Dealer. Keep in mind Monday Yamaha Motors US that the original VA order was canceled, and I had spoken to both dealers last fall as well.
Upholsterer calls ten minutes later and said they put a rush on the repair because it was warranty work. They had already dropped their other work and started on the repair. So, I called everyone back again telling to forget about shipping the replacement seat.
Around 4:00 get another call from the shop, seat is done. Will pick it up this morning.

I've been waiting on a Connex screen for about 3 months. called my dealer today, he said there are none available in the U.S. right now. My response to that was " well I guess no new boats are leaving the factory then?". Exactly... Screw you if you have warranty parts issues, we will keeping pushing our products out the factory so we can make our profits first.

I've been waiting on a Connex screen for about 3 months. called my dealer today, he said there are none available in the U.S. right now. My response to that was " well I guess no new boats are leaving the factory then?". Exactly... Screw you if you have warranty parts issues, we will keeping pushing our products out the factory so we can make our profits first.
Felt the same way and told Yamaha Motors that. Kept see 22 195's being delivered with warm interiors.

New boats= profits
Warranty boats=loss profits

Spoke to Yamaha Motors U. S. today about allowing a local marine upholstery shop, make the repair and have Yamaha pay the bill was told it was possible. The shop has the exact color/fabric. Emailed the local dealer the estimate from the local shop as directed by Yamaha to the dealer as everything has to go through the dealer and normal warranty process.

Wish me luck.
Would love to know how you fought your way into Yamaha to speak with someone. I’ve been waiting on a missing piece of sea deck since I bought the boat in 2020! Pm me :)

Stuff sure is coming in, every 15 min or so there in Savannah, they're rolling in. Taken Saturday.

IMG_9249.JPG

IMG_9254.JPG

IMG_9257.JPG

IMG_9263.JPG

IMG_9264.JPG

IMG_9249.JPG

Back