• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Warranty work questions

Sacamano

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My YES warranty is nearly up and I will be taking my boat out of storage early to bring it to the dealer. The nearest dealer is 50 minutes away so it is a bit of a pain. I have a feeling some or most of these items will not be covered. Thoughts or experiences? Is it worth it to bring it in?

1. Backs cracked on my filler cushions
  2. Aquatics AV faceplate latch is broken
  3. Intermittent stern remote problems
  4. Windshield door rests of fiberglass when closed. It has been misaligned since day 1
  5. Check on oil cooler bolt

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I can tell you the radio stuff won't be covered under warranty. My dealer told me I'd have to go through the radio's warranty which I thought was BS since I have a 5 year YES. The radio is only covered under a one year manufacturers warranty. Many people on here confirmed what my dealer told me.

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The broken filler cushions should be replaced and might be worth a drive to do so, no need to bring the whole boat. But talk to the dealer, they may allow you to email them some photos.

I've had my windshield adjusted two times under warranty, and both times it has ended up just like it was, resting on the fiberglass. I wouldnt bother if I were you.

Audio components are specifically excluded on the YES contract.

The oil cooler stuff cant be warranted until it breaks.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I believe they came out with a fix on the windshield problem, I would check into that. The seats should be covered as long as it wasn't due improper storage or lack of maintenance.

x3 - Audio components are specifically excluded on the YES contract.