• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water collecting in table leg mount

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What do yall do about water that collects in the table leg mount in the boat and on the swim platform?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nothing really, if sand/stuff starts accumulating in there I will use a sponge to pull it out. My cockpit cover does not cover the lower swim platform so mine usually has rain water in it. This is one of the things I make sure is dry during winterization.

Last edited:

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you think drilling a small drain hole would be bad?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
is this an on the water issue or a during storage issue,

I wouldn't drill a hole,
in the cockpit it will drain over the gas tank and then have to work it's way to the bilge, why insert more water there than needed,

on the swimdeck - I don't think it would be a big deal only again, every time someone get out of the water it's all draining to the bilge, every time you stop and wave comes over the back, at the end of one of my days that's going to be 50-100 times that holder fills/drains, sure the bilge will pump it out or the drain at the end of the day, just why, it's wet or the passengers have wet feet anyways,

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's just kinda annoying seeing water in there while on the water and during storage. I guess I can use a sponge.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think someone suggested a chunk of pool noodle one time.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a piece of pool noodle that I put in the hole, then I put the drain plug in the noodle hole.
That pushed the water from washimg
The boat out and prevented it from filling when my old cover leaked water onto the swim deck.

Last edited:

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The one I had was fairly hard to get in the mount hole, I only put it there during storage, I didn’t care if it had water while I was out on the water🤷‍♂️

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got a 3D printer and next time i get the boat back to the house im going to design a nice plug for these and print them out of white ABS.

Last edited:

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got a 3D printer and next time i get the boat back to the houe im going to design a nice plug for these and print them out of white ABS.
That is a great idea! Will you let me know how that works out. I would be willing to pay for that.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ill let you know.. it might be a bit before i get the boat back to the house from storage to take measurements.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I leave a wadded up piece of chamois in there when stored. It wicks any water out and allows it to evaporate faster.