• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water coming out the back of the engine

Joepiper151

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys.
I took my sx190 for a quick spin this afternoon and I looked in the ski locker and it was full of water. I opened the engine hatch and noticed water was spewing from the back of the motor towards the rear hull. It looks to be where the impeller is coming through the hull to the motor. Has anyone had this issue and fixed it or know what the part is called.
Thanks

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
called the intermediate bearing and it needs to be replaced ,do a search and there are a lot of posts regarding that.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Also search not greasing it but placing gear lube in it instead

Joepiper151

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also search not greasing it but placing gear lube in it instead
Is that one on the engine side or hull side. This looked like it was coming out of the engine side. I have been greasing the bearing on the hill at the very back of the boat. The water seemed to be coming from the engine side.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
if that is running on the hose it can not be the intermediate bearing I do not know where water would come out of the back of the engine unless there is a small hose close by that has a bad clamp.

Joepiper151

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
if that is running on the hose it can not be the intermediate bearing I do not know where water would come out of the back of the engine unless there is a small hose close by that has a bad clamp.
That was in the lake not the hose pipe. Maybe I’ll double check one of the hoses isn’t punctured

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
if it was in the water it was the intermediate bearing you can usually see it leak if it is just sitting in the water with the engine off