• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water in my bilge

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Iv read that before, but how do I do that?
Open up the access hatcch located between the clean out ports and puff a bunch of baby powder onto all of the surfaces. Go run the boat, then look for water tracks in the powder.

Cgeetter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well guess after what I read I should not be surprised but look what I found in anchor locker... These boats ride low. Often there is water in anchor locker at low speed. No doubt this is part of the problem. What’s the fix? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well guess after what I read I should not be surprised but look what I found in anchor locker... These boats ride low. Often there is water in anchor locker at low speed. No doubt this is part of the problem. What’s the fix? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
That exact issue has been well noted here. Just do a search of anchor locker drain

Cgeetter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yep found it. Thanks man. The more I read the more I feel for everyone. These forums are fantastic

Cgeetter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check under the rub rail at the aft of the boat. Very common spot for a lot of leaks in these boats...
Hey buddy so in my efforts to solve the water issue i completely sealed the clean out port tray including the access hatch. Therefore I can’t do the baby powered trick. Is there a thread or link to the repair for leaking aft rub rail. My best guess is that’s my issue and I’d prefer to do the work myself vs involve the dealership because we all know what a headache that is.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would just pull the aft rub rail. I think there is a single phillips head screw at the mid aft that then lets you pull off the rub rail. You likely will find a nice gap there to fill with 4200 or similar, then put the rail back and put the screwed-in plate back.