• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water in ski locker rim

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The FSH has a drain there, surprised the 24’ doesn’t have one.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That gutter is supposed to flow aft. There is an adjoining gutter around the fuel hatch that leads aft to the scupper inlet below the engine hatch. If you are on the water, put some weight/stand on the swim platform and see if it flows aft. Is there more water forward in the gutter or is it level all around? I had a similar issue on my 07. https://jetboaters.net/threads/rain-water-pools-at-front-of-bow-floor-while-on-the-water.14264/ If it's on the trailer, jack it up.

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I get this all the time. @zipper is exactly correct for how it is designed to be. However, on my boat sitting on the trailer with the bow at 'normal' height, the water just sits there.

Rather than vacuuming (which is an option), crank up the bow of the trailer (if in water, don't worry about it--as soon as you have everyone move aft as @zipper says, the water will run out and next time folks get out of the water it will fill again...).

Or, if you are lazy like me, don't do that, let the water sit there and eventually evaporate. Then a few times a season take some cleaner and wipe out that gutter...

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Water just sits in the rim of the ski locker, does anyone else have this issue? If so how did you fix it outside of vacuuming it out?
Mine just runs back to the fuel hatch and out the deck drain if it's enough to run. Usually it just evaporates though as mentioned.